21| Werewolves Are Real

Deadly eyes savored the sweet sight of fear on the other side of the pool

Deadly eyes savored the sweet sight of fear on the other side of the pool. A creepy stare lingered on Jesse's quivering frame, pleased by the sounds his heart made. A grin that could only be described as demonic slowly turned into the smirk of Hades.

A cruel vicious creature that thought it was funny to play with his prey for days has finally shown up to claim what was his.

"Hey, blondie," T-Bone said. "I missed ya."

Every ounce of Jesse's being begged him to run, to stay as far away from that beast. That stalker. That, that... psychopath. But his whole body was stuck, frozen in a slow agonizing nightmare. A gut-wrenching dread left a bad taste in his mouth, on the verge of throwing up upon catching those monstrous flaming eyes, upon hearing that evil voice, upon seeing him.

Simply the sight of him physically made Jesse sick.

That initial reflex that brought him on his two feet only got him so far. After that, Jesse couldn't move, couldn't speak, and—to some extent—couldn't breathe. That pleasant breeze he had enjoyed earlier with the company of his best friend turned into thick ominous air, suffocating him, draining the life out of him.

No matter how much he inhaled, his lungs begged him for more. Breathe. Breathe! WHY CAN'T YOU FUCKIN' BREATHE! But he was breathing. Hyperventilating. His rapid inhales and exhales left him lightheaded, dizzy, and wobbly.

Just when he was about to fall, Gray grabbed him.

"I-it's him," Jesse was finally able to utter a sound, a miserable shaky voice. "Oh, dear Lord. Gray, it's him."

Gray felt everything Jesse was experiencing. He felt his fear, his suffering, his helplessness. He heard his pounding heartbeats. He held his shaking body. He witnessed the color drain from his once beautiful lively face. And that made Gray angry—No! Furious, burning with boiling blood in his veins.

Nobody has the right to do this to Jesse. Gray sent his fuming gaze towards T-Bone. Especially him.

But that amber glow didn't scare T-Bone. In fact, it made him laugh. He cackled as hard as he could before looking at the moon.

"AWOOOOOOO."

"Jesus Christ!"

Jesse flinched, tugging his fists up to his ears. That feral howl struck as loud as an explosion. It felt like a heart attack.

Once T-Bone finished howling, he looked back at Jesse and smirked. With his hands in his pockets, he stepped forward so slowly as if he had all the time in the world, going around the pool that separated him from his toys.

"I'm coming for you, pretty boy."

Every hair on Jesse's skin stood up. The hellish game was about to start all over again, only this time Jesse wasn't alone.