Chapter 6

Night Ninja ran up the stone stairs with great agility and Luna Girl was once again carrying Romeo using her Luna Magnet.

"What do you mean the PJ Masks triggered the Splatcano?" Luna Girl asked, brows furrowed in concern.

Romeo looked equally anxious. This was not good. Something was definitely wrong with the PJ Masks. 

"I was training in one of the caves below the Splatcano when the PJ Pests came here. Then they started to fight us. We weren't even doing anything bad. An Yu came along and did something to the Splatcano. It started to gurgle and rumble. It's going to erupt now, and my Ninjalinos are trapped in the cave. The PJ Masks used my own Sticky Splat against me!" Night Ninja ranted. 

"Are they still there, or have they left?" Romeo questioned. 

He still could not understand why they wanted to do such things to the villains. Night Ninja shook his head. 

"They're still there," he said.

The three villains reached the cave at last and Romeo and Luna Girl were taken aback by the mess. Ninjalinos were everywhere. Ninjalinos were stuck to the wall, the floor, on top of the cave; literally everywhere. Sticky Splat was stuck everywhere too. 

An Yu's eyes met the trio's. She swirled her staff and a gush wind came out of it, blowing Luna Girl and Romeo away forcefully. Night Ninja managed to stay on the ground. A fierce battle emerged between Night Ninja and An Yu. While they fought, the PJ Masks surrounded Romeo and Luna Girl. 

"Back off villains. This is not the place for you to cause harm." Catboy hissed. 

"Says the one who did," sneered Luna Girl and held Catboy up in the air. She swung him around and Owlette came to his rescue. 

"You're nothing without Robot, Romeo. Better back off." Gekko said. 

But Romeo was not one to be easily intimidated. A long stretchable mechanical arm shot out from Romeo's backpack and it instantly grabbed Gekko.

"You dare underestimate me? I'll show you Slimy Reptile! You will pay, pay for everything!" Romeo's metal arm gripped Gekko harder, and An Yu saw it. 

She threw her staff at Night Ninja's face and he fell down, clutching his face. Her staff flew back to her and she hopped onto it. An Yu zoomed towards Romeo, aiming straight at his legs, but he was able to dodge it. His metal arm dropped Gekko, and Gekko rose to his feet. Romeo grumbled and was about to take out a ray from his backpack when Luna Girl came crashing down on him from the air. Owlette was carrying Catboy by his arms. The both of them landed and blue stripes shot out of Catboy's palms. 

"Super Cat stripes!" He exclaimed.

The stripes wrapped around Romeo and Luna Girl. They were unable to move. 

"PJ Masks, the splat volcano is going to erupt. It is best if you leave now." An Yu warned them.

Owlette and Catboy ran off first, but Gekko stayed behind and looked at Luna Girl. 

"Lizard Boy..." Luna Girl looked at Gekko with pleading eyes. 

No, he could not do it. Villains did not deserve to be rescued. He gave Luna Girl one last look and ran off. An Yu rushed off on her staff to the Pagoda, which was on top of the mountain, far away from the Splatcano. Night Ninja came rushing to Romeo and Luna Girl. His sleeve was torn slightly and there was a little blood on it. He looked at the Stripes and muttered something under his breath. The Stripes were surrounded by yellow dust and it rose up into the air. Romeo and Luna stood up. 

"Ninja Fingers," he explained to them. 

They rushed to the cave, just before the eruption of the Splatcano. The entrance of the cave was almost covered completely with splat. But there was still some space in between so the three of them went inside the cave. Upon going inside, Night Ninja covered the tiny little space they used to come inside using splat.