"But Life Is What It Is."

Vincent's point of view:

I was just there, starring at her. She was so beautiful.

I thought that she would remember me after all, and that she would be fine... But then she didn't remember. I was just the stranger that was by her side when she woke up.

I told her that I was her brother, just to make sure that she would recover well and to stay by her side.

I just wanted to be with her forever.

The doctor looked at me and he told us that Alison could go home without and recover there, so I looked at her and I grabbed her things. She was so happy looking at me and seeing that her brother was by her side. I couldn't show what I was feeling. I didn't want to.

I helped her getting up and I walked her to the car, on the first floor. I oppened the front door of my car so that she could sit on the bench. I walked around the car, making my way to the driver seat. I got into the car and I looked at her for five minutes, just to look at her one more time before starting a new life as her brother.

"What?" She said.

I touched on her face, gently. "Nothing... I was just making sure that my little sis was ok..." I said as I swallowed the tears.

"Let's go home." She said as she smilled to me.

I couldn't believe that she didn't remember who I was. After all that we passed through. But life is what it is.

I drove back home calmly. It was almost night and I was just enjoying the twilight.

We finally arrived at home. I picked up her bags and I walked home. Somehow, she stayed in the car, looking at the house with a fixed look.

"Hey! Why aren't you coming?" I screamed.

She changed her look to me and she shook her head in denial. She oppened slowly de cars door.

"Come back!" She screamed, scared. I left hey bags in front of the door and I ran to her.

"What?" I asked.

"I think... Well... I remember this... This house..." And she looked at me with some scary eyes.

"Why? What do you feel? What can you remember?" I said.

"It's strange... I... I remember someone... But who..."

"A guy?"

"I remember... A guy! Yes! How did you know it?" She said suprised.

Then went a five minute silence between us.

"Are you sure that you can't remember who that guy was?" I asked her.

"I don't know... I need to focus. Lets go home... I'm a little tired." She said looking at me with some curious eyes.

"Of course. I prepared the bed to you when you were at the hospital."

"What? You prepared the bed to me? You were expecting me?..." She asked as she was walking home.

"I really was." And I opened the front door.

She closed her mounth and she kept on walking. I though about her every single day of the year. Yes. She stayed in that fucking hospital for one damn year. She didn't even know that her mother died. It was a complicated situation. Remember her dad? Well, that guy was fucking insane and he couldn't believe that Alison only gave him half the money. After she left to the hospital, he went to her mother's house and he tried to grab more money. He ended up killing his own wife while we was trying to get some money. But Al, she would not be able to lead with all this info.

Alison got upstairs and I walked around the living-room. I sat on the sofa and I took a deap breath. I couldn't believe that that was happening. All I wanted to do was to tell her how I loved her and how I needed her in my life, not as a fake sister, but as a true wife... As my lady.