Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven - Formulating Plans

C.I.A. Winter resort

Montreal Quebec

December 31

2130 hours

Erica and I walked back to the chalet, and instead of going in the front door, we climbed up the back well and into Erica's room. It was much different than hers back at school. The walls were bare, just like they were when we came, her bed was made, and the floor was clear of clothes. No throw pillows were visible, but I assumed she had them somewhere. As for tea pots, there was one on her bedside table, along with two teacups. It somewhat bothered me how her personal personality was drastically different from her outside personality. We both went to the door that led to the hall, and listened for any signs of noise. I couldn't hear anything, but Erica could. She opened the door slowly, and then crept out into the hall. A few seconds later, her hand appeared through the crack between the door and the wall, ushering me out. I slipped out after her, and into the dark hallway. I could hear faint talking coming from one of the bedrooms, and music playing downstairs. Eric had disappeared from the hallway, but I saw her faintly stepping into my room. I followed suit. Once in my room, She closed the door and turned on the light.

"Get the blinds," she said, as she ran around doing stuff that Erica usually does.

I went to both of the windows and closed the blinds. I didn't see why it was necessary, but I did it either way. Erica pulled the chair out from my desk and sat down. I sat on my unmade bed. I hadn't seen the point in making beds since I was little. 8 at least. My room was surprisingly clean. I had taken the time last night to clean up my clothes - including washing them - and my paperwork was all shoved inside my desk and out of the way.

"You have a plan?" I asked her.

"I do. It still needs your touch, but so far I've formulated it pretty well," she replied.

"My touch?"

"Your ideas. Anyways, here's the plan.

"Tonight, at midnight, you and I meet at the place where the protest took place. From there, we make our way to the headquarters,"

I noticed she wasn't bothering to be discreet with her plans. But I also noticed she had slipped a piece of paper into my hand as she spoke.

"Now add in your touch. It can be anything," She continued.

"Um... We can tell everyone our plans," I replied. I had no idea what I was saying.

"And why? Then everyone would know what we were doing. That wouldn't be too helpful,"

"Then let me think for a bit,"

"Go ahead. Come tell me your plans before midnight,"

With that, she got up from the chair and left the room. I glanced at the clock hanging above the door, without really needing to, and found it was almost 9pm. I put the paper on my bed-side table, and then put on my pyjamas.

I turned off the over-head light, and then turned on my lamp. I got under the thick, read and black plaid blanket on my bed, and then unfolded the piece of paper. I recognised Erica's neat print, and her curt words. Then I started to read.

Nevermind the stuff I said out loud. If you had the brain power to figure out what I was doing, you would know that was just a red herring for anyone who might have been listening. Here's the actual plan:

At 2200 hours tonight, come to my room. I don't want you going to the destination alone. I can trust myself to fight off anyone who randomly attacks me, but you and I both know we can't exactly trust you to do that. Back to the point, from my room we will set out on the same path that we used to get here. (I'm going to get descriptive here, so if you let this paper fall into anyone's hands, I will kill you, or I won't even have to if the enemy knows where you are going to be.) I will bring two clothes and chloroform, and I will take out any guards I come by. I will infiltrate the building alone, and after 10 minutes I'll come back and get you. From there we go with the flow. Whatever comes at us, we will face. If you have any questions or suggestions, slip this paper - with your writing on the back - under my door, and I will reply.