Chapter Twenty-Six

Hey guys! I'm back! I am ever so sorry for how long it took me to write this, I swear I fully meant to post it a week or so ago but then I started watching Stranger Things and my life outside sports and school became lying on the couch. I started the show from the beginning a week and 2 days ago and I'm already on season 4... I don't think it's healthy, but whateverrrrrrr.... Anyways, here is chapter 26! I hope you enjoy, and have a great week :)) (I'm posting the next chapter either today or tomorrow and that is a PROMISE) 

Chapter Twenty Six

Repetition 

Spy School

Virginia, USA

January 23

1800 hours

In the days following the fire, I found myself avoiding Erica out of embarrassment. Li Ming taunted me for it, but Jessica, Charlotte and Noah were all unimpressed. Erica also avoided me, other than quick conversations in passing. I knew her mother was making jokes about it, to which Erica always responded by leaving the room. Alexander and Jack were surprisingly quiet about the entire thing.

Three days later, at breakfast, we were all sitting around a small table in the inn. Even Noah was there, but he had been there ever since we'd blown up the virus. Erica and Catherine were talking about their teas, Jessica and Li Ming were talking about school uniforms, Noah and Charlotte were discussing Croatian, Alexander and Jack were talking about who knows what, and I sat there, silent. I didn't listen to any of their conversations, I just ate slowly from my plate and thought about the virus.

"Benjamin," Catherine said suddenly, and I looked up at her. "Where do you think we should go next?"

"Why do I have to decide? I don't think I have the proper knowledge to tell you."

"I'm not asking you to go, I'm asking what your opinion is."

"Oh. I kinda want to go back to Montreal and see about blowing up the warehouse there. There haven't been any other variants created yet, right?"

"Not yet," Erica said.

"I think I agree with you, Ben," Charlotte puts in. "It's about time we head home."

"I'll go with you guys," Li Ming says. "It may be good to do some spying in America."

"Then I'm going too," Jessica tells us.

"I have nothing better to do with my time," Alexander murmurs.

"MI-6 can wait. I'm going with you." Catherine grins.

"Well I'm not going back to the UK without you!" Jack cries. "I guess I have to come too."

"I'm going wherever B—," Erica starts. Then she restarts. "I'll go back too."

"I don't think I can, sorry." Noah frowns.

"You can keep us up to date on things here in India," Catherine says sympathetically.

He smiles.

We talked for a bit longer about when we should go and what we should do when we get to montreal. We decided to leave in an hour and land in the middle of the night two nights later. We would land in the field outside the headquarters in Montreal, get all the specimens and blow them up, then all go our own ways.

I left the breakfast table and went to collect the few items I'd brought with me.

***

We all jammed into the rooms upstairs and grabbed our belongings. Since I only had my phone, a change of clothes and a book, I stayed longer than the rest, and made the beds. Erica stayed and rolled up the sleeping bags and deflated the mattresses. Charlotte was there for a few minutes before telling us there was too much tension in the room and took her leave.