7

<< y/n pov >>

numb . i felt numb . i lost the person i loved the most just because of a misunderstanding that started it all . my face filled with tear stains . i walked and walked and walked but had no clue where i was headed to . i went wherever my legs took me .

" y/n ? " i didn't care who it was i just needed someone at this point . i tried my best to hide my face . " i hope the talk with oyakata sama helped . " ' how did he know i went to talk to oyakata sama ' i turn towards the unfamiliar voice , surprised that he knew . " how did you- " " i told him . " he look at me with an emotionless face . " tengen... "

" let go go y/n . you'll feel better . " " it's easier said than done . " i gave him a sad smile . " you have tomioka anyday . " i was getting pissed . why can't anyone understand that i loved obanai . " i love obanai ... all i ever wanted was to be with him forever ... even after everything he has done . " you covered your face with your hands .

-

" igurooo ! we are having another mission together ! im so excited . " i exclaim while obanai just hummed in approval . " aren't you excited ? " i frowned " i am . " he smiled making me do the same as we walked hand in hand towards the venue of our mission .

-

those times .

i miss them . the old cheerful and enthusiastic me . its gone . i lost part of my happiness . " it's easy for you to say ... you have three wives . " he laughed . " you can be my fourth . " wrong timing tengen .

i knew he was trying to cheer me up by being slightly flirty . that was how hes always like . " well don't stress yourself . take your time . im sure you'll be over him soon . " he said before walking away , leaving me alone with my thoughts . 'i dont think so . '

<< no one's pov >>

obanai and shinobu was walking together , heading back from yet another mission . most of the time , obanai wasn't paying much attention , causing him to get more injuries than usual . now that they were done with the mission , shinobu was patching obanai's injuries . " pick yourself up iguro . you almost got yourself kill there . " she told him , putting a bandage on his leg . " sorry . " he sighed .

" you could have rejected the mission if you're not feeling well , atleast mentally . " obanai shut his eyes tightly . " i don't want her to be with tomioka . " his sudden confession caused shinobu to let out a confused ' huh ' " i told her to be with tomioka instead but the truth is i didn't want her to . " his hands balled up into fists . " but if she likes tomioka , then there's nothing you can do . "

hearing no response from obanai she proceeds to say " lets go back . " walking ahead of him . " dear god , i hope she will get the happiness she deserves . " he whispered , staring into the clear blue sky , painted with fluffy clouds that drifted across it . " mitsuri , do you like her " shinobu asked while she walking infront with obanai following behind her .

" i don't think i do . " he didn't feel the same way as he felt when he was with y/n . " i let her go because we weren't meant to be . not because i liked mitsuri . " he explained . y/n and obanai's relationship was complicated . never have obanai thought his love life will end up like this either did he want it to .

this goal in the love game was simple . to find someone he truly loved and spend the rest of his life with her . being a hashira was already a down point . his life was at risk from time to time . " you should consider mitsuri . she has liked you for so long . " shinobu tried to hint obanai into considering her . " you're not doing this just because you're her friend right . plus she knows i don't feel that way towards her . " " then why are you leading her on . " obanai stopped on his tracks . he wasn't intending to lead her on . but maybe he unknowingly did one way or another .

" maybe you might find your love for mitsuri since you guys are kind of close now . " " we are ? " obanai question . he wouldn't say him and mutsuri were very close . they weren't close to the point where they would have lunch or breakfast together unlike giyuu and y/n...

-

" are you feeling better now ? " giyuu asked holding onto a tray of tea with some pills on the side . y/n replied with a lazy hum . her head hurt , her thoart felt dry . basically her whole body was aching the whole day . giyuu took the thermometer and placed it under her tongue . ' 39.8 ' " its not going down . " he sighed . replacing the old wet towel on her forehead with a new one .

" you should not be here . you're gonna get sick as well . " y/n voice was raspy . she could barely talk . giyuu looked at her with pity in his eyes . seeing her in a weak state which was very unlikely as y/n . she was probably the strong woman giyuu knew . his heart ached seeing her like that .

" don't look at me like that . i hate that look in your eyes . " she spoke with her eyes closed . " you should rest . " giyuu told her as he headed to y/n couch , deciding to spend the night there . he wasn't about to leave y/n alone especially when she was all weak and unstable , physically and mentally . he took one last look at her before closing his eyes drifting onto dreamland after a long day .

<< y/n pov >>

i wasn't asleep yet . i was turn my body to face giyuu since the couch was just beside my futon . i felt lucky to have him around . even on my lowest days . my hands dragged across this cheeks with a smile on my face seeing him peacefully asleep . i sat up alittle just enough to put my forehead against his . it was cold . " thank you . " i whispered . i was about to kiss him but realise it was better not to due to my condition now .

i laid back down closing my eyes to get some rest . it wasn't long after i drift into my own dreamland .