21

tw : blood and gore
: skip if you are uncomfortable
____________________________________

" craw there are upper moon demons spotted at the top of the mountain near the city . please head over now . " giyuu's crow announced as the night seeped in . he got himself prepared grabbing his sword , strapping it around his belt . heading towards the mountain . y/n was alone in the same area , hugging her knees with her small body . she only prayed for giyuu's return .

-

giyuu slowly made his way nearer and nearer to the mountain . at the same time being aware of his surroundings . right off the bat , he spotted a demon hiding around the bushes waiting for the perfect opportunity to launch itself onto giyuu . he took out his sword , a reflection was formed when the mood light touched the metal . he performed his breathing form , slaying it with ease . the ashes flew everywhere . giyuu kept his sword , walking deeper into the forest . " you're just in time hashira . " a sly voice said from a distance as it saw the hashira .

giyuu has his hands on the grip of his sword , preparing to take it out anytime soon . as he looked in all directions , trying to spot the demon . just then , the demon stood infront of him . a smirk on his lips . giyuu slid the sword out pointing it towards the upper mood 3 . his grip on the sword tightened . " ehh , aren't you the hashira that is mad inlove with y/n ? " he laughed . giyuu didn't react . he had his stern expression on throughout the entire time .

" well in that case you should become one of us . " akaza invited . " no thanks . " his sword still pointed towards the demon . " don't you want to be with y/n ? you can't if you are a human . " he chuckled at the hashira . giyuu ignore him , trying to maintain his breathing . he took a deep breath before he executed a form . but before his sword could touch akaza , he had already disappeared and dodged the attack . " seems like i have you kill you ... sorry y/n " akaza was behind giyuu in a blink of an eye . he threw giyuu a punch bur lucky giyuu managed to escape and do another breathing attack .

akaza dodged it yet again . he threw giyuu another punch . this time it didn't miss , causing giyuu to bleed near his lips . the fight continued for a few minutes , akaza being able to miss most of giyuu's attack . giyuu tried to land a hit on him but soon grew tired due to akaza's stamina . he didn't want to let the tiredness stop him . akaza laughed noticing giyuu was slowly going out of breath . " be a demon . you can be stronger than this . " he convinced again only to be ignored by giyuu .

just at this time giyuu managed to land his sword at akaza's neck . it barely got halfway into his neck . he applied more force trying to impale it more . akaza groaned , using his free hand to punch giyuu resulting in his forehead to bleed as the blood run down his face , touching his eyes . it stung . he closed one eye while still trying to cut of akaza's neck .

" was i too late ? " a soft voice could be heard from behind . akaza's eyebrow kitted in announce seeing another hashira . shinobu saw how giyuu was struggling to slay the demon so she went in to help . she placed a few drop of poison onto giyuu's sword that was halfway into akaza's neck making the sword much stronger . akaza groaned feeling the poison in his body . the poison caused random cuts to form all over his body . akaza's blood was running everywhere while giyuu trying not to let it touch his open wound .

shinobu also placed her sword at akaza's neck , trying to cut it off together with giyuu . the both take a deep breath and finished akaza off with their most powerful form . akaza's head was seen flying off its body as his body slowly disintegrate due to the powerful and effective poison . just as giyuu and shinobu thought there were done , they saw another shadow heading towards them . it wasn't just any ordinary shadow . they recognise who it belonged to . although giyuu was weak , he still could pick himself up to continue fighting . the rest of the hashira was also sent to help the two .

all of them wasted no time into attacking muzan . using their own breathing and techniques . but muzan was much powerful than that . he didn't get a single attack landed on him . after what seemed like forever , the hashiras were still nowhere near to defeating muzan . muzan had actually managed to kill half of the hashiras . giyuu's teeth clenched in anger as he saw his team slowly begin to decrease in number . giyuu had received even more cuts and buries from muzan's attack . muzan alone was enough to overpower the team .

all they could do was to just defend themselves as they waited for sun rise . trying not to let muzan escape before then . giyuu was close to giving up . there was no way they could defeat muzan at this rate they were going . the hashiras were tired but muzan seemed perfectly fine , with just cut on some parts of his arms and face . " i'll be waiting for your return . " y/n's voice rung in giyuu's head as he remembered y/n was still patiently waiting for his return . he felt sorry he had to disappoint y/n . he genuinely felt like he couldn't make it this time .

" im sorry , y/n "