19

<< giyuu pov >>

i set her down onto the ground , noticing that she had already fallen asleep . i sighed , wondering when y/n can become a human again . kocho had already started experimenting with different medicines to ensure y/n receives the best one . since y/n had a generous amount of muzan's blood . it might be hard to even turn her back . i just wish i could end her suffering . she has had enough pain throughout the years . from obanai to me . i left the basement letting her sleep in peace , making my way to kocho's estate .

-

" hey tomioka , whats up " kocho said with a sweet smile that she always had . " the medicine for y/n... " " oh that ... i have a sample here but im not sure if it will work . y/n is the strongest demon yet so it might not work . " well it was worth a try . anything just for her to be a human again . " if i doesn't work , we would have to kill her . " my eyes enlarged . there was no way i could imagine a life without her . all i ever want was just someone to call my own .

i took the small glass bottle leaving kocho's estate . i opened the heavy metal door leading to the basement . i was nervous . what if it didn't work . y/n was still asleep in the same position as when i last saw her . i took this opportunity and injected her with a decent amount of the liquid . i waited for the results . heart pounding in nervousness . i saw her move a little due to the uncomfortable feeling .

just as i thought it work as she wasn't reacting much , she launched herself onto me . her eyes and features still the same as before . her teeth clenching tightly as if she thought i was going to attack her in her sleep . a small light in me died down . tears formed in my eyes . it didn't work .

i wasn't even pushing her away , either did she do anything other than pinning me down . my hands made its way to her cheek caressing it . her eyes twitched , coming back to her senses . i pressed my lips on hers , my tears falling down my cheek . she was stunned at first but she soon kissed me back . it was a mix of sadness and love .

she pulled away seeing the tears on my cheeks . " why are you crying . " she used her finger to wipe it off my cheek . " the medicine ... didn't work . " i blurted out .  " i know . its not that easy giyuu . " she gave me a sad smile . i felt useless once again . i failed to turn her back into a human . more tears rolled down my cheek as i faced the ground , hiding my crying self from her . i didn't dare to face her . i was afraid she would be disappointed in me .

i felt her hands caressed my head , messing with my hair slightly . " you've done your best ... it isn't your fault . " she pushed my chin upwards to face her . " do a good job killing me though . " she whispered . non of us want this . she was just making things easy for me . all her life she has always put others over herself . ' this idiot . ' " WHY CAN'T YOU BE SELFISH FOR ONCE . " i shouted at her . she jumped , she didn't see it coming at all . " why can't you make things easier for yourself . why can't you put yourself first for once . " i tried to hide my sobs .

i heard her chuckle . " thats life giyuu . we all die . " she knew i didn't want her to die . she didn't want it either . " i've always wanted to spend the rest of my life ... with you . " i bit my lips , trying my hardest not to let my sobs escape .

" wait for me ... in my next life time , i promise ... i will be your wife ... no matter what . "

it struck me . not every love story was perfect . " and i promise i'll always make you my wife no matter how many life time we will have . " she hummed . she too was crying with me . " you flatter me too much . " she joked wiping her tears off her face . " im not joking . i'll wait for you even if it's months , years or decades . " she nodded . " im glad ... " it was a mix of happiness and sorrow . " but i want you to be my wife is every lifetime so ... would you be my wife in this first lifetime ? " her mouth gaped at my sudden confession .

" but im a demon . " she sadly chuckled . " it doesn't matter ... you are a demon . i am a human . thats what makes us different . " i could tell she was touched . " i love you for who you are y/n . " tears rolled down her face unintentionally as she embraced me in a hug , crying her heart out . " the truth is , i don't want to die . i want to be with you . " her tears stain my haori as she confessed her fear . " why ... why must it always end like that . " my arms loosely rapped around her . " its not the end . even if i don't see you in your next life , i'll look for you in the afterlife . " i only felt her hug me tighter as she sobbed on my shoulders .

<< no one's pov >>

throughout all of this , little did they know obanai was listening to every bit of it at a corner behind a wall . " tch , pathetic love story . " he whispered only for himself to hear .