chapter 1

It is a truth universally acknowledged , that a girl in possession of too many pride and prejudice books , must end up in the book being a character she hates.

My name is Lizzy Hills and I love ' pride and prejudice ' of Jane Austen too much. I have read every single retelling of that book and have tonnes of books . I have seen every films and dramas made on this novel. Including the ones which I needed subtitles to understand the content.

Pride and prejudice , is love for me and you know love doesn't need any specific language....you understand it with heart. And that's why I watched every series , of every drama , of every language and still I crave for more.

As the whole world is locked down and I have nothing better to do than eat , read and sleep. And I almost read all of my books , not interested to read any retelling today I started to look for the original book of ' pride and prejudice ' from my collection . And while searching I found the very first book that I bought....the first book with which my journey begins.

you may think what's the big deal in reading old books, isn't the story same in each of them with different covers ?....than let me tell you this book is with me from my college, I read this book when I was in fourth semester and since then love it but no one can read my book without me....cause the whole book is literally covered with red , blue , green and blue color highlights.

Every single important line I underlined and marked with my marker , the fact that pet name of Elizabeth is Lizzy use to make me more happy. Cause as you can see even my name is lizzy... Whenever I read the book I imagine myself being in the novel , arguing with Mr Darcy , being admired by him. I loved fantasizing about the book so much.

Now , to tell out loud we all have one character that we hate and for me that's Caroline Bingley sister of Mr Bingley , she has tried to separate Elizabeth and Darcy several times and I don't like her much for that . I was really happy when Darcy told her what she deserved to hear at the end of the novel. I mean , I kind of sympathized with her for sometime but never truly liked her to be frank.

My favourite character is Darcy , I dreamed about Darcy a lot , a handsome young man and had many lively dreams about him but never thought my dreams would come true like this, I didn't even hope for that ....what happened ? Than let me tell you from beginning.

It was raining heavily , I made a fine cup noddles and took my favorite book and sat by the window sofa to have a great afternoon. I always loved Darcy's entry and wait desperately for it . I took a mouth full of noddles and started reading the novel , when it came to the part where ' the eldest daughter of
Mrs Bennet , Miss Jane Bennet went to Bingley's house and fall sick ' I started to feel sleepy and slept on the sofa.

When I woke up , I found something was off , everything in my house was different. They were of classic taste and antique design. I being a heavy reader of recantation novels knew immediately I was in the pride and prejudice novel. But my heart stopped when I realized I was not Elizabeth nor was I any of the Bennet sister, I became......Caroline Bingley.

I hate her so much and yet now I am her , the gentleman's of the house left to dine with the officers and as per the plot I know Miss Jane Bennet will be soon here for lunch with us , all wet as she will travel with her horse... a fine scheme of Mrs Bennet. Louisa is preparing lunch with the chief and I told her I have a headache and currently sitting in my room.

I am happy since I can watch the whole drama of ' pride and prejudice ' unfold in front of my eyes but sad as I am the character whom I ignored most of the time. Well , the fact that I am not locked in home and corona is far away from me made me very happy but the character I am in....well not happy about it.

Like other villains Caroline doesn't have to play much for Darcy and Elizabeth to fall in love and I think that's for the better. I can just cosily enjoy a carefree life in the luxury and watch my favorite character marry in front of my eye.....that's a blessing okay.

Fashion and looks are given high importance in this era , so if I can even start my own business here....I just have to plan everything nicely. According to my knowledge which I got from google about Caroline and her family is that.

Caroline was born into a respectable family that resided in the north of England. Her father made most of his money in trade, making the Bingleys part of the nouveau riche, or "new money". This would have been seen as inferior by many of the realm's great nobles and landed gentry, those who have inherited their wealth.

Due to her family's prosperity, she and her sister, louisa , were most likely raised in luxury. They attended one of the first private seminaries in London. Each sister later came to have a respective fortune of £20,000 .

Not bad and me doing business will not be counted as out of blue thing as my father.... Caroline's father made his fortune by doing business. And its not like I came here without any advantage of recantation. My wrist contains a thin violet thread like thing , once touched it takes me to a big store. It has cloths and medicine.

A voice in the store told me I can take anything I like from the store. Those are really brand new things. Cloth section is still locked and I don't think I need them much but medical shop is open and that's what I need the most. Here medicine isn't that developed and once sick it would take ages to recover.

I went in and brought in some fever medicine for Jane , just in case its needed. I don't want to rush her home or break the sequence of the story ...I just don't want her to be uncomfortable. I could almost imagine the scene going on in Bennet house right now , I so very want to go out for a stroll. I want to see everything , read every classic possible and meet every author who are alive here.

For corona I had to stay at in my house for so long that now even imaging that period gives me head ache. I am going to roam around, travel a lot and be richer than Mr Darcy himself. I will be an example of true accomplished woman. This time my focus will be to roam , eat well and earn money and Darcy....Elizabeth can have him as much as possible.

And for that I have to start working from now. Jane will be here anytime for lunch. Till now I have seen only Louisa but soon I will meet with other characters.. that's going to be fun right. And I am well prepared for that.

I prepared a set of dry cloths for her , told someone to start the fire in the sitting room and also told them to make a ginger soup. Its raining really heavily so no one judged about my requests and did as I instructed them.

" Sister Miss Jane Bennet is here " declared Louisa after knocking in my door. Well , its show time.

Authors Note.

When I was searching for ' pride and prejudice' retelling I found their was 38578 , retelling of it and I was like who is going to read my story ?

But still with a trembling heart I started this story, hope you enjoy. If you like than please vote and comment.

Thank you 🍰♥.