Chapter 3

" Caroline.... " Charles voice woke me up for the third time , yes I bronzed off in the breakfast table for the third time in a row. I spend all night watching Jane, I know nothing will happen but still , sickness at this time shouldn't be taken lightly.

I stretched my arm to take my tea cup and almost slipped it on Mr Darcy , he stood up and saved himself from the burn. I must be very sleepy to do stuff like that.

" I am so sorry....I am just sleepy . " I told him , really all I want is a bed with warm blankets and soft pillows and nothing else. "Its Alright. " said Mr Darcy reassuming his breakfast. " Were you awake for the whole night Miss Bingley ? " asked Mr Darcy .

" I didn't dare sleep last night , I was so scared that she might have any problem. First guest in my brothers new house and that person became sick.. I feel like a terrible host. " I told trying to be pitiful in my brothers eyes , I do need him for a comfortable life , I am scheming ?...was I ever good ?

" It was not your fault sister...you did everything that should have been done , don't feel bad about it. Eat and take some rest. " said Charles . I nodded and started eating my food again. Philip has delivered the letter so our Miss Elizabeth Bennet is on the way , with her two sisters Catherine and Lydia... dropping them at Meryton she will be here. when she arrives I can leave the couple together and rest.

" Look at her, poor creature.... Why did you gave your room ? Now where will you sleep ? " asked my sister Louisa. " My room was warm and she was sick , it would have taken time to make the guest room bearable for someone to stay. And don't worry sister I have told someone to clean the guest room , today I can rest their." I told her.

Mr Jones has prescribed some medicines to Miss Bennet early in the morning when he came for the visit. He said she was warmly bundled up and no need to worry about the cold to get worse. Just proper amount of rest and she will be fine. She eat her breakfast in her room and slept again.

As long as she drinks , eats and sleeps....I am at ease , I don't need to think about anything else. " I am such a terrible host. " I exclaimed putting another cake on Mr Huts plate , he is really a foodie and does eats a lot.

" Dr Jones has said she was well preserved from cold and was much better before he came...sister you are not a bad host....its the weather was bad and it could have happened to anyone. " Charles comforted me warmly.

" It was her fault coming in such weather and on horse back ....such scheming mother I must say , such low people to have connection with. " said Louisa.

" It was us who invited her , the day was fine but it suddenly started raining so what Miss Bennet will do ? ...moreover she is sick please don't talk in that tone for a sick girl. " I told her and started eating my breakfast.

The cakes are really tasty here , but if I keep eating than I will be a fat girl in no time. Well , as long as I take long walks I will be fine and can eat as I like. With that happy thought I started eating more and at that time I heard " Good morning. " Is it the moment for which I am Waiting for so long.

I looked up and saw a girl with bright eyes , her checks red from all the exercise , her dress ... Well half inch covered in mud , her hairs flying but she is looking divine, Mr Darcy is really mesmerized. Yes , Miss Elizabeth Bennet is finally here.

" Good morning... my my its so nice to see you Miss Bennet. " I told her crossing the table as and walking towards her. My brother joined me. " I actually came to see my sister....what happened ? Is she alright ? " she asked hurriedly.

" Now calm down Miss Bennet, your sister is fine and currently resting. She came here all wet yesterday and had mild cold in the evening. Mr Jones visited her and he confirmed us that she is fine , just having some fever and bad throat. But I ensure you she is fine. " I told her , my dreams came true....I am finally seeing the legendary couple in front of my eyes.

" Thank you so much for taking care of my sister. " she said politely, her eyes sneakily looking at Mr Darcy....isn't it romantic?
" you don't need to thank me...now come change cloth before you catch a cold. When you're done I will take you to your sister. " I told her and almost dragged her with me.

I gave her dress to change and than she went to meet with her sister and I came back in the dinning where Louisa is making a scene. Now everyone sitting in the sitting room and she kept saying " was it really needed to come in such a weather ? And did you see her dress covered in mud. " said Louisa.

" But sister she was concerned... If I was away and sick wouldn't you go and visit me ? " I asked her and she didn't say anything kept quite. " She came to meet with her sick sister and we must not make her feel unwelcome here. Now come we can't leave the guests alone. " I told her and almost tugged her in that room. Both the sisters talking comfortably.

" I think I must leave " said Elizabeth wanting to leave but that's not happening in my brothers house. " leave why ? Its such rare thing to have guests here where we know such less people , do stay and it will be wonderful . " I offered her, Mr Darcy should reward me for my efforts.

" But I didn't say my mum anything... I didn't even bring any gowns with me...." She was going to protest but Jane's pleading eyes stopped her.

" I will send someone to let Mrs Bennet know that you are going to stay here and tell them to fetch some dresses for you. " I told her trying to make her fell at ease.

" Than I must bother you..." She said in a thanking tone. " oh no ! Its not a bother. You sisters have rest and let me see other things. " I told them and left the room. Louisa went in her room , I called Philip gave him the instructions and some candies as his fee. He smiled happily after putting the chocolates in his pocket as his prized possession and left.

" Sister you rest...I will see what should be done for the guests. " said Charles and boy I am sleepy. " Do let the cook make warm soup for Miss Jane Bennet and if possible keep Miss Elizabeth Bennet entertained when her sister sleeps . " I instructed him , he nodded. Well its time to sleep.