8| Beckham

Edited.

People always reminded us it was a blessing to wake up in the morning. Somewhere out there, somebody didn't get the chance to open their eyes. But, in all honesty, I would choose a peaceful death in my sleep over waking up to the sounds of grunts and moans. I turned over on the small sofa, squeezing the pillow against my head to drown out the sounds, but it was no use. Of all days, Sebastian decided to bring a girl home.

Thursdays were the worst, an unnecessary bridge between the middle of the week and the weekend. Sometimes, I woke up on a Thursday, fully expecting it to be Friday - only to be heavily disappointed. This Thursday, in particular, was even worse, considering that I could hear Sebastian's headboard banging mercilessly against the wall that our rooms shared. Maxine screeched his name like a banshee, uncaring that he shared the house with two other people. Grayson was probably trying to burrow into a hole and die there.

My plan was to sleep in, seeing as morning classes were cancelled so students and professors could go and support our football team at the game against Ravenwood. But Sebastian put a major dent in my plans by deciding to make a dent in the wall our rooms shared, his headboard banging against it continually.

I sat up, groaning as my bones whined in pain; a side effect of sleeping on a damn sofa all night, a sofa that was too small. But it was the gentlemanly thing to do, seeing as Melissa was laying in my bed, body wrapped in my blankets. The latter was the twin sister to Maxine, and Sebastian had brought them both home last night. However, he appeared to have a preference for the bustier of the two, which upset Melissa, who then found her way to my room in the middle of the night.

The girl was drunk and began undressing before plopping onto my bed. I hopped out of it as if it was on fire. She'd spent an hour crying about how people always chose Maxine over her, even though they had the exact same face. I held my tongue to keep from telling her it wasn't the face Sebastian was interested in. She didn't deserve to be let down even further. After trying to make out with me, unsuccessfully, she passed out, naked as the day she was born.

My covers needed to be washed, I reminded myself as I stood up, stretching and yawning loudly. A loud shriek cracked through the air, confirming that Maxine had orgasmed wildly. What a beautiful Thursday morning. Sense the sarcasm. I halted next to my bed, covering Melissa's naked chest that must've exposed itself while she tossed and turned. Once she was safely covered, I ambled into my bathroom.

The hot water was an alleviation to my aching joints, and I wished I could stand there for longer. Contrary to popular beliefs, men enjoyed long showers too. Lathering some soap onto my body, I heard a loud and impassioned yell. I recognised the voice as Sebastian's, and he didn't sound too cheerful. There was the slamming of doors and loud stomps coming from the stairs.