Chapter 32

A\N: how many of you bet that Johnny's gonna die??

at this point, Henry pretty much followed the ambulance. he managed to find it (don't ask how, he just did) and followed it to a nearby hospital.

once he saw Ellie enter the hospital, he was glad he followed the right one.

Henry followed Ellie inside and once she was alone, he decided to come up to her.

"hey." he spoke. Ellie had her hand rested on her chin, to be honest she doesn't look like in the mood to talk.

"hey.." she answered.

Henry was surprised that she wasn't shocked that he was there but most importantly, she looked down.

".. why do you look so down?" Henry asked, randomly. yeah, the question was off-topic. 

"i really thought i could do this." she sighed. "i ended up making the greatest mistake." Ellie continued, flicking a pocket knife open to just stare at it.

"what did you do?" Henry asked. "no, why are you here?"

Ellie didn't answer. she just stared at the pocket knife. "isn't Charles with you?" Ellie asked, looking at Henry, raising a brow.

"uhhh, he's in the house with Ruby." Henry answered. Ellie just nodded and turned her attention back to the pocket knife.

"after this, you have to come back, okay?" Henry said softly. he wasn't mad unlike Charles but deep down inside he was a little pissed off.

Ellie thought about and her thoughts said that she shouldn't but then a memory of Johnny entered her mind. it was her fault that he was injured.

Ellie brought him along, forced him to stay and he gets injured at the end. she's not going any further with an injured Johnny.

Ellie sighed and flicked the pocket knife to close. she then nodded.

"yeah.. okay." she answered.

Henry still found it weird that she was acting like this but he wouldn't ask her now.

he turned around and left the waiting room, leaving Ellie in the room by herself.

Charles was surprisingly doing fine. he hadn't gotten any stomach pain, head aches or even a panic attack.

i don't know if a panic attack would make sense in his condition but it can happen. 

Charles managed to find his phone and call Henry.

problem is, he cannot look at a screen without having a headache or a stomach cramp

Charles ended up laying in bed, with the phone on the nightstand. he really wanted to call Henry and ask why he brought him back home but nooo.

Charles noticed his head started hurting not long ago.

the pain was really getting out of hand in fact. he knocked the phone off of the nightstand and he tossed and turned.

he even cried in pain. Ruby noticed and grabbed the phone. she ran with it downstairs.

Ruby started barking very loudly so somebody would hear and call the hospital or something.

nobody heard her. at this point, Charles hoped that Henry was nearby. he could hear Ruby barking for help.

nobody came to help at all...

---------------------------------------------

F

Words: 482