CH 7

Here you go!!!

- Wannie

_______________________

GULF'S POV...

"Fluke, come back here," his papa called out, his voice now nearing us. He shook his head. I wanted to chuckle at his antics, but that voice was disturbing me. Why does it sound so close and familiar but still so far off and unknown at the same time? "Fluke your uncle had to call me to find you! Why did you run off like that? Don't you know how worried papa got?" the man said as if he was about to break down. 

He must really treasure Fluke. 

"See, papa, who this is!" Fluke chirped. His father sighed in a bored tone, "Who is it?" Fluke squealed again, "Guppy! I finally met him!" I could feel the man stop dead in his tracks. Why did the air suddenly feel so chilli? "Guppy, pick me, please~" Fluke showed me his puppy eyes. I was in no position to deny this little bird and picked him up in my arms. He propped up his elbow on my shoulder for support and smiled at me. "Come to me, Fluke," why does he suddenly sound so void of any emotions? I turned to face Fluke's papa as this little boy in my arms shook his head with a pout.

"Bii..."

Whom I saw in front of me was the man I had been searching like crazy for. Mew stood right in front of me, looking everywhere but into my eyes. I could see him breathing heavily. His eyes were shining in hurt. When I tried walking closer to him, he stepped back. Is he avoiding me? Wait... Fluke is his son?... What is happening? I held Fluke tighter in my arms.

"Fluke Natouch Suppasit, go back to the car. Now!" this time Mew was no playing around. Fluke struggled down from my embrace and walked to Mew. "Papa, are you okay? Why are you breathing like that?" even Fluke noticed his breathing. He smiled softly at him, "It's nothing, baby. Papa just got tired, searching for you. Now go back to the car and wait for me."

His smile was forced. I can tell. I know him.

Fluke nodded at him and walked away after waving at me. I waved back at him and then turned back to Mew. "Thank you for finding my son, Mr. Kanawut. I should leave now, my son's waiting for me," Mew said, his fists clenching. "Bii, why are you talking like that?" I won't lie, I was hurt. Seeing him after so many years and he is addressing me so formally. "Talking like what? I'm sorry, I don't get you," he blankly responded. 

"Mew, what's wrong? Talk to me... please," I was begging this indifferent man in front of me. "Why? We don't have anything to talk over," he turned to walk away but I held his wrist. "Bii, talk to me. Tell me what's wrong, please," I could see him getting pissed. "Leave my wrist," he growled. I didn't listen to him, "First talk to me. I won't let go if you don't." He clenched his jaw, "I. Said. Let go. It hurts." I was still persistent, "Why are you trying to avoid me?" He turned to face me with an angry face. But I could see the hurt in his eyes. 

I came back, just as promised. It was him who disappeared. Then why is he the one angry and me begging?

"Where did you go?" I softly asked as a tear finally slipped out of my eyes. He harshly shrugged off my hand and took out his phone. He called someone, "Hello? Yeah. You leave first, with Fluke. I'll deal with some business and be back... Okay... Thanks, bye." He then turned to me, "You wanted to talk, right? Then come." He grabbed my arm and pulled me with him harshly.

Even though he was always so gentle around me before, he is not really like that. All those times I was dragging him around was because he let me over power him. He was always the one stronger when it comes to physical strength. 

We reached his car and he pushed me sit on the passenger seat as he got into the drier's. He started driving with a blank expression. Neither of us was speaking anything. He focused his eyes on the road as I focused mine on his face. I just want to stop the car and claim his lips. But I'm holding back only because I know he is pissed and I don't want to make it worse. So, I kept quiet and just looked at him as he totally ignored my presence.