Chapter 3: First Escape

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihonkoku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Chapter 3: First Escape

"All over the world, restaurants have begun to pay their respects to the Great Fiery Chef. Most establishments, especially in the United States, to the restaurants that rose and have thrived because of him, temporarily ceased operations to honor the man who helped them straightened their path and achieved their goals."

Chef Ramsay, you won't be forgotten."

-BBC News

3 Years Ago

3 Years Ago

Saderan Capital, Rodenius Continent

It felt like being in India again.

The jumbled-up noise of his surroundings had prevented him from coming back to his slumber. He had no idea that his subconscious would prefer the familiar chaotic atmosphere in front of him while still being inside this forsaken cage.

Gordon Ramsay had been put into a state of restlessness again, since being abruptly woken up by buckets of cold water by the ancient Roman-like soldiers that had been escorting the slave carriages towards the capital walled city.

Sadera, is the official name of this giant citadel. The main capital of this so-called Empire.

As that's what a fellow captured slave had explained to him prior.

The man was still in denial, and for the past hours that he sat there crumbling himself together, trying to make sense of what's happening around him. Sure, this was just one of those over-the-top pranks executed by nutjobs, that actually went over the rails.

He had already watched countless of these setups on television over the years, and he could easily spot the flaws of each of the scenes, to figure out the fakery behind it.

There has to be a motive somewhere if this was a setup.

He recalled being surprisingly involved and set up by some group, and the motive of the action was just to eat a slice of Hawaiin Pizza on a stage, and in front of many people with their phones hand up high thinking this was a pivotable moment in the story, to which he really didn't like and called nothing but bullshit, to begin with.

However, this case was very much different.

Everything around him seemed legitimately genuine. The expressions of the people and the moving crowd, who are dressed in fantasy world civilian outfits, that one merchant fellow who's been arguing with his customer as if his life depended on it, children running around carefree on the dusty cobblestone streets, and many more.

He could assume that this was some kind of Hollywood S tier acting, but the way he was seeing it right now, he could not find any holes or flaws that would help him figure that this was all just fake.