Chapter 18

They all ran out into the kitchen, stopping when they spotted Cooper in an empty pie tin.

     "Mmm... mmmm... mmmm..." Copper said, as he lay in the pie tin, his hand resting on his stomach, as he held his eyes shut.

     "Strawberry pie. My favorite."

      Behind Cooper, Molly's mom was sneaking up with a broom.

     "Cooper!" Poppy yelled.

     He opened his eyes, smiling as he noticed Poppy and the other trolls along with Molly.

     "Hi, Poppy!" he said, waving.

     "Look out!" she yelled.

     Copper turned, his ears dropping, as he saw the giant behind him, ready to whack him with her broom.

     He froze, too scared to move.

     "Poppy!" Branch yelled. "Give me a boost."

     She stretched out her hair, so that it lay on the floor behind her, and Branch climbed onto it, so she could whip him through the air towards Cooper.

     Branch flew towards Cooper, tackling him out of the way, just before the giant swung down her broom.

     "Run!" Branch yelled at Cooper, as they began to run.

     "AHHH! Two rats!" the giant yelled, swinging her broom at Cooper and Branch.

     "Mom! Stop!" Molly yelled, but the giant just kept swinging, barely missing the two trolls.

     Branch looked back at her, in terror, as she threw the broom down at them again, this time, almost knocking them off their feet.

     "Keep running!" Branch yelled.

     Quickly, they ran towards the rest of the group, Molly bending down to quickly scoop them up.

     "Molly! What did I tell you would happen if I saw that rat out of it's cage!?" Branch gulped, shrinking down in Molly's hand. The giant then noticed the other trolls, hiding behind Molly's foot.

     "And where did these other ones come from!?"
"They're Branch's friends, mom. They came to save him. They thought I was gonna hurt him."
"Rodents don't have friends!" She looked at Synth. "And is that a fish!?"

     "I don't think they're animals, mom. They talk."
"Again with this talking thing? Rats don't talk, Molly!"
"They're not rats!"
"I don't really care what they are. I'm getting rid of them."

     "What!? No! You can't just throw them out on the street!?"
"Who said anything about throwing them out?" she said, smirking evilly.

     The trolls hid farther behind Molly, scared of what this giant was planning on doing to them.

     "No, mom! I won't let you hurt them!" Molly yelled. "Quick, guys. Go back into my room."

     She put Branch and Cooper on the floor, and Poppy immediately hugged Branch, before they all ran back into Molly's room.

     "How did you train them to do that?" the giant asked, seeing the trolls obeying Molly.
"I didn't train them to do anything. They're intelligent creatures, and I won't let you harm them."

     "You don't have a say in the matter, young lady. I am your mother, and what I say goes. I am calling the exterminator to get those pests out of my house once and for all."

     She turned to pick up the phone, Molly quickly running into her room, and closing the door.

     The trolls looked up at her, concerned about what was going to happen to them.

     "I have to get you guys out of here. Now."