ϟ traitor

(inspired by 'traitor' by Olivia Rodrigo)

1:34  ─────────|──────────── 2:14|◁            II         ▷|  ∞            ↺

|◁ II ▷|
∞ ↺

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

'you're still a traitor.'

└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It had only been two weeks since you and Kaminari had broken up.

Although neither of you necessary stopping liking each other, you could tell that he liked someone else more.

So there you stood with your back against the wall that lead to the common room, trying to get your emotions under control.

You had only wanted to find something to drink, but you walked into both Kaminari and Jirou sucking each other's faces off.

And even though you desperately wanted to be mad at him, or even her, you could feel your throat closing up and your eyes starting to water.

Pressing your palms to your forehead, you crouched down, doing your best to keep yourself together.

You wanted to be mad at him, but you could only be mad at yourself.

You knew that he liked her, you saw the way he looked at her, but you ignored it.

Thinking that if you looked the other way for long enough, he would love you back the same.

But he didn't.

It was her.

She was the one he ran to as soon as the two of you decided it was best that you went your separate ways.

" 'She's just a friend' my ass," you tried to cheer yourself up, knowing that you couldn't go to him for comfort.

• • • • • • • • • •

Now two days later, he stood in front of you with his eyes cast down.

Your face was neutral, refusing to break down in front of him.

Finally looking up to meet your eyes, he smiled at you, making you falter.

He put his hand to the back of his neck while looking to the side, "Hey Y/n."

Confused by his nervous demeanor, your eyebrows knit together wondering what he could possibly want.

Noticing that he wasn't going to he a response, he continued, "I- well there's... um, I wanted to ask you something."

Still unsure by his behavior, you only nodded slowly.

He exhaled before closing his eyes shut and speaking out fast and his words muddled together. But you heard him, "I wanted to know if you're alright with me dating Kyouka."

Hearing it from his mouth made your chest tighten and your eyes fall, no longer keeping your straight face.

But you didn't let him catch on, you replied with a small forced smile, "Why are you asking me 'Ki?"

He rocked back and forth on his feet, avoiding your eyes at all cost, "Well I just wanted to make sure you were okay with it. We may not be together anymore, but I don't want to hurt you."

Feeling your eyes start to gloss over, you turned around not wanting him to see.

You covered it up by waving with your back still facing him.

You smiled over your shoulder, "We aren't together anymore Ki', you can do whatever you want. It's okay."

Not noticing your sad eyes whatsoever, Kaminari's smile beamed at you, already running back to where you assumed Jirou to be, "You're the best!"

As soon as he turned his back, you turned yours.

There were warm tears falling down your face, but you didn't wipe them away. You just let them fall.

Looking back once more, you saw him running without looking back.

Not once.

You sniffled and started to make your way to the dorms, trying to smile instead of cry, "Geez Kaminari, you're such a traitor."

'God I wish that you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you.'

"It's so not fair," you laughed wiping your tears.

Although you tried your best to smile, you could only come up with a pained expression, "Traitor."

"