Chapter One

***Twilight Universe***

It had been four years since the confrontation with the Cullens and their 'witnesses' and every one of them was abiding by the laws set by the Volturi with the exception of one coven.

Aro had received word that the two remaining members of the Romanian coven, Vladimir and Stefan had made an alliance with a small English coven and had created many newborns. Their agenda was to try and overthrow the Volturi, or so the informant believed. "Will those two never learn?" Caius growled "It would seem not" Aro replied "We have been too lenient over the years, they need to be dealt with" Marcus pointed out, Caius stood from his throne and crossed the room "...Permanently" He added before he slammed the door behind him. "I think the Romanians have crossed us for the last time" Aro replied looking at Marcus "Good. It's exhausting dealing with them and their antics every few decades" Marcus responded.

Aro and Marcus waited for Caius to calm a little before they sat together and discussed the news and the best course of action to take in order to deal with the matter as quickly as possible. "We'll have Demetri track them from here initially so we know where to send the guards. Also, this way he can propose the best route to get to them giving us the upper hand" Caius said looking between his brothers "I'll have Demetri meet with the informant so he can pick up as many of the new tenors as possible as this will make tracking the vampires easier, if they move around whilst he and the other guards travel to their destination" Aro replied "Sounds like a plan brothers, only who will we send with him?" Marcus asked. Aro thought for a moment and then replied "The twins, Felix and Santiago will accompany Demetri" "I think we should send some of the transitory guards too, just to be sure this mission is successful" Caius added, Aro and Marcus nodded "I want to be able mount Vladimir and Stefan's heads on sticks" Cauis said with a sadistic smile plastered on his face "You scare me sometimes brother" Marcus murmured and Aro chuckled.

Demetri sent a note to Felix, Santiago and the twins inviting them to his room for a 'mission briefing' "Thank you for coming, I just wanted to run through the details of our upcoming mission. Master Aro has received word that the Romanians have teamed up with an English coven and have created a number of newborns..." "Idiots! Do they never learn?" Jane interrupted him "It would seem not" Alec replied "...It may or may not shock you to learn that the reason for this latest stunt is that they plan to try and overthrow the Kings and rule our world again" Demetri adds "Well I'm guessing we're killing the newborns and the English coven, but what about the Romanians?" Santiago asked "I was just getting to that. The Kings have decided they are done being lenient with them and we can finally end them. Master Caius has one request though. He wants us to bring him their heads so he can put them on a stick" Santiago and the twins laughed but Felix looked a little confused "Why would he want their heads on sticks?" "Felix, my friend have you heard of Vlad Tepes?" Demetri asked and Felix shook his head "Vlad Tepes was known as Vlad the Impaler because each time he killed someone he put their head on spikes, however as time went on he would impale the bodies of his enemies and subjects alike on spikes and display them outside of the castle in an a warning to anyone who dared to invade his land" Demetri replied "So Caius is planning on displaying the Romanian's heads somewhere in the castle?" Felix asked "Sounds that way" Santiago answered him smiling "It'll make the décor a little more interesting" Alec added chuckling. "Is just the five of us going Demetri?" Jane asked "No Jane. Caius has decided that some of the transitory guards are to accompany us on this mission as he deems them expendable" Demetri responded and they all nodded "Make sure you all hunt and are fully ready for this mission. Our objection is clear and we leave at 10.00am the day after tomorrow" Demetri told them all "Santiago, can you ensure the private jet is ready also? Thank you" "Of course Demetri. Leave it with me."