Chapter Three

***Twilight Universe***

Back in Volterra everyone was worried as Demetri had still not woken up and it had been a few weeks. Marcus called Carlisle and he flew out to assess Demetri. He carried out a few simple tests. "How is he?" Marcus asks as he watches Carlisle "Demetri is essentially in a vampire version of what humans call a coma..." "What's that mean?" Jane asked cutting him off "A coma is a prolonged state of deep unconsciousness, caused especially by severe injury or illness" He replied but noticed she looked a little confused. "It means that Demetri's body has put itself into a deep sleep so it can repair any damage that has been done to his body" "I understand. Thank you" She replied "You're welcome Jane."

Jane took a seat on the sofa and picked up her book off the coffee table and began to read "Are they close?" Carlisle asked Marcus low, he nodded "Although all four elite guards have become close friends over the centuries, Jane thinks of Demetri as an older brother and he thinks of her as a younger sister in return. In fact, he's protective of both Jane and Alec...given their pasts" "I can understand that" Carlisle replies.

"Following the few tests I've carried out Demetri seems to be ok. I don't think there'll be any lasting side effects but until he wakes up, I cannot be 100% sure. That said I would like to stay a few days...see if he wakes. If he doesn't, I'll return home and then return as soon as he does wake" "Thank you Carlisle. That is very much appreciated." Marcus replies and shakes his hand, the other resting on the back of his shoulder.

Carlisle observes Demetri and his condition regularly over the next few days and feels confident that the tracker will wake, he just can't say when. "I'm going to head home, let me know when he wakes and I'll come back as soon as I can." "Thank you" Aro said and smiled at his friend.

Felix, Jane, Alec, Heidi and Marcus continue to take turns sitting with Demetri, and either talk to him; updating him on the castle gossip and trials, although there haven't been many or they read aloud to him. Carlisle had told them that although he is unconscious, he may still be able to hear them.

***Our World***

Meanwhile, Amelia and Demetri have watched the first three Underworld films and he had noticed Aro was in the first film as Lucian, the Lycan leader. "What's Aro doing acting as a Wolf?" He asked her, confusion clear on his handsome face "That isn't Aro remember, it's the actor Michael Sheen, who plays Aro in the Twilight Saga and Lucian in this film franchise; Underworld" Amelia explained softly and he nodded "Yes, of course, that makes sense" He replies although she's unsure if he really understands that as he's been going through some major adjustments over the past week.

"Amelia, do you have a key I could use please?" "Of course Demetri. Are you going out for some fresh air? If so, did you want some company?" She replied "That's a lovely offer, but another time perhaps" He responds and notices her smile falters for just a second before turning away and getting the spare key "I was planning to go hunting later, whilst you sleep and didn't want to wake you upon my return" He adds "Of course, it's been over a week since you hunted last and that was before..." She trailed off "The incident that led me here" He finished for her and she nodded.

Demetri sat and read some fanfiction about Felix on Tumblr as he found the way the 'humans' wrote for him amusing. "Hey Amelia, did you know there's lots of Felix smut on here, as you call it?" He called over his shoulder "You're reading smut about your best friend?" She asked a little confused "Well, I've read some smut stuff about me and I was curious as to how they write smut for Felix" He replied and she nodded, taking her bottom lip between her teeth. He noticed this was something she did when she was either trying not laugh or blushing. "What's up?" "Nothing" She replied "Really?" He pressed further, his eyebrow raised "Ok, well...something new got posted today...well a few new oneshots got posted today..." "About me?" He asked cutting her off, curiosity shining in his dark red eyes. "It's about you and Felix...sharing a mate. In fact, there are quite a few of those..." "They sound interesting" He cuts her off again "I should warn you..." "No spoilers, remember. You told me off a few days ago for ruining the end of "Aro's Choice" He said pointing to her "Ok, then" She smiled and sat down beside him on the sofa and waited for his reaction.