CHAPTER 14

Mia's POV

"Mommy, I'm scared." Leon whimpered in my chest.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. We will get out of this." I said. My eyes started watering again for the millionth time in these three days.

I'm just glad that they gave us to eat because my baby wouldn't make it. I had to take care of both of them.

"When will papa come? I want papa." He cried on my shoulder.

"Hopefully, today. Papa will take us away." I explained. He nodded his little head and wrapped his arm around my neck. I wanted to cry so bad, but Leon would have gotten scared.

"Get some sleep. We are going to meet your dad soon." I stroked his hair gently. The bed we were on was not comfortable.

But what was the most disgusting thing was when one of their men arrived inside to give us some food. They would eye me like a piece of meat. I felt goosebumps crawling on my skin.

Since the call, I haven't heard of August. I was so wrong and pathetic. He wanted the best for us, but I was selfish.

Why did I run? He told me to never be afraid of him, but I still ran away. It hurt me when I think of it and I can't imagine what it is like for him. He feels so disappointed with me.

The door opened in a flash making me flinch. The man with the long scar on his cheek, moved his head for me to come out. I clutched Leon closer to me and got up on my weak legs.

He led me downstairs in the big house we were in. It was disgusting.

I met the man who gave me the phone to talk with August. Giovanni.

"Little princess is ready to see her man. How sweet." He snorted sarcastically.

"Where is he?" I asked angrily.

"Waiting." He replied and the guard pushed me outside the house towards the car.

The car was luxurious, but it didn't stop me from making my skin crawl. I knew there were only two ways on how this could end.

Someone dies or everything goes without a problem. But I believe the first one is more likely to happen. Because I know August won't give up on everything for us. He built his empire for his whole life. He won't give it to someone so easily.

After half an hour, I suppose, we arrived on the field. It was probably Giovanni's property. My heart was thumping in my chest. I was scared.

The man grabbed my arm to pull me out of the car and it stirred Leon from his sleep. He opened his eyes tiredly and looked around.

"Mommy, where are we?" He asked quietly.

"To come back with papa." As soon as I said those words, the door of the black van opened, and outside got out August in his neat black suit and styled hair.

He didn't look an ounce scared about what's going to happen. He could sign the contract without any words or we can get hurt. But he has something up to his sleeve. I just know it.

Leon turned his head in the direction and his eyes widened.
"Papa!" He shouted with a squeaky voice. August looked so vulnerable when he heard Leon's voice. I wanted to cry.

"We have some business to do," Giovanni said.

"Without them by my side, I'm not signing. And I meant every word literally." August hissed.

"Signing first." Giovanni negotiated.

"Are you playing right now? I want them on my side and then I'm signing the fucking paper. I even prepared a pen." August said flashing over the blue pen in his hand.

Giovanni narrowed his eyes but nodded to the blonde one to push us to August. Once I was in his reach, he embraced us tightly.

"I missed you both. Be patient for some time. Behind the van, baby." He muttered the last part. My eyes started widening but I just smiled a bit.

"Is family time done?" I looked at Giovanni to see his men with the guns pointed towards us. I gasped silently and moved behind August.

August took few steps forward and reached for the document. He signed the first page and turned the paper again to sign the other. Giovanni watched him intently but he believed August.

August returned the document to them and smirked. He walked back few steps until his back reached us.

"Now." He said. My brain took a little time to comprehend until I started running to the back of the van. There wasn't any sound but Giovanni's body fell on the floor.

The sound of gunshots filled my ears and tires screeching completely made my heart pump. I was scared to look around the van when I heard glass breaking.

Leon started crying as I covered his ears to lessen the noise. My tears started to form but I kept them back.

After some time it was becoming silent. There was only a single gunshot as the last one when I saw August's body fall on the ground.

I involuntarily let out a scream and covered Leon's eyes.

The blood started gushing out of his mouth as the smile formed on his lips. He blinked at me as if wanting to tell me that everything is going to be alright.

It would not. I was losing him. I left Leon seated on the ground as I crawled to August. Valerio ran towards us but I was too shocked to be aware.

"You will be fine. Be strong for us, love." I whispered.

"I called the ambulance. They will be here in minutes." Valerio noted but my mind was distinct. I focused on him and just him. My love.

"You will okay." I cried out as blood was gushing out of his mouth more. Tears were freely falling as I watched my love suffering. He just blinked in reassurance.

"I'm sorry. I love you." I said. A smile formed on his lips as if to tell me he loves me too.

A siren was heard close to us as I watched his eyes close. He couldn't keep up being awake any longer.
"Stay awake, August." I shook him gently.

His eyes closed.

A/N

So...uhu huh...
Thank you for voting and commenting.