XXIV- Surprises

"Y/n can we talk for a moment?" Kakashi asks, blocking me from entering the building. Suspicion was written all over my face. "About what?" he takes a deep breath before meeting my eyes. "What did you say to Obito?" I furrow my brows together, taking a step back.

"Excuse me? How is that any of your business?" what exactly did Obito say to Kakashi? "He was looking at old photos last night, and he asked me something." He wants me to tell him what was said myself.

"I'm listening. What did he ask you?" crossing my arms I can't help but assume the worst. "I can't say but Y/n, did you- did you tell him how you felt about him?" he questions. Panic arises in him.

"I didn't. He kind of figured it out on his own. Why does any of this concern you? Better yet how does any of this concern you?" with that said he backs off a little. You can see a mental debate going through his head right now.

"Y/n, there was a time when you had asked me if I liked anyone at the time. I didn't tell you who it was, but you need to know who it was. No, still is." Kakashi grabs both of my hands as he trembles a bit. He's no longer looking at my face.

"Y/n. The person who has always had my heart is-"

"Kakashi?" Kakashi immediately drops my hands and turns around. "Rin, Obito hi. Rin, uh let's leave them be." Rin throws a glare at me but walks away with him.

"What was he saying to you?" Obito's words are slightly above a whisper. "He was wondering what was going on between us two. And he was about to tell me who he liked back then." his nails are digging into the palm of his left hand, his right hand behind his back.

Shaking his head, Obito quickly shoves flowers in front of my face. Confused, I still take them gently. "Who's this for?" averting his eyes to the side, he scratches the nape of his neck from his nerves. "You. They're for you."

"Me?" I point the flowers to my chest, mouth slacked ajar. "Yes. Would you like to go on a da-" the bell rings cutting him off completely? "We should get to class. Thank you for the flowers, they're lovely. Really." Obito smiles, making me smile back at him.

Time skip

Throughout the whole day anytime Obito would try to talk to me, it seemed the universe was against it today. Why was today so hectic?

*Knock Knock Knock*

Groaning out loud, I push myself off the couch.

"You know the door is always open, next time come inside." I shake my head and open the door. "You still don't lock your doors?" Kakashi chuckles, his body leaning on the door frame.

"Nope. Why would I start now?" I ask, tilting my head to the side. He nods his head and straightens up.

"I never got to finish what I was saying this morning. The person I have always liked is you Y/n. It's always been you."