21

A kiss to my cheek woke me up from my amazing slumber. My eyes quickly fluttered open, spotting Ethan above me with a bright smile.

He spoke softly in my ear, "Good morning, Charlie."

I whisper tiredly, "Morning, Ethan."

"We've made breakfast for you." He say as he places his arms under my armpits, lifting me to sit. I watch as a slight hesitation crosses his face. "Just, be prepared if it ends in disaster. None of us are very good at cooking. Dean knows how to use a microwave, and me and Adam know how to like, I don't know, put ice in water." I laugh at him, raising my hand to push his hair out of his face. 

"It's okay, babe." I lean up to kiss his lips before taking ahold of his hand.

Ethan helped me out of bed. I let him pull me from the room and downstairs. Right when we hit the bottom, I let out a cough. Ethan pulled me closer as the smell of smoke filled the room.

We entered the kitchen to see Adam and Dean covering their faces with their arms and waving their other hands around at the smokey ceiling.

Ethan coughed before making a gesture to the others to explain. Dean looked at Adam before turning to us, "Well um, breakfast didn't really work out."

As I let out a laugh, smoke filled my lungs. I cough, trying to get oxygen again. I start wheezing as I throw my hand out to grab Ethan's shirt. I just needed something to ground me, keep me from completely passing out.

Just the strong smell of smoke that I fully inhaled was enough to suffocate any person. The hard air was filling into my already not great lungs.

Ethan grabbed my wrist, noting my harsh coughs. Adam and Dean came forward, also seeing me struggle. I bend down, almost to my knees as I try to get my lungs to work.

Everything in my mind about how to calm down or take deep breaths leave. Nothing logical is going through my head. No instructions for myself, no muscle memory.
Nothing.

Adam's hands are suddenly on my back, trying to get me to calm down. He started speaking louder than my coughs, "Charlie! Hey, where's your inhaler?"

I choke out, "B-Backpack!"

Adam starts running out of the cabin, towards their car parked right outside. After a painful and woozy moment, he runs back in with my inhaler in his hand. "Got it!"

Dean and Ethan guide me towards the door. Adam put the inhaler to my mouth as soon as we got out the front door. Dean held me from behind, arms around my waist loosely. My eyes shut as the fear got to be too much.

I took puffs of the inhaler, finally being able to calm down. The rush of my fast heartbeat almost hurt to slow down to a normal speed. But once it did, my lungs and brain were finally agreeing to let me take in deep slow breaths.

I pulled my head away from the object, leaning back in Dean's arms. I take gulps of the fresh forest air.

Finally sighing, I breathe in and out at a normal tempo. I swallow and open my eyes.

Adam stares down at me, guiltily. He says softly, "I'm sorry. We didn't think about it. We really suck at cooking and didn't think about your asthma."

I nod weakly, rubbing one of Dean's hands that was still on my stomach. "I know. It's okay. Thank you though." I smile up at Dean, raising one hand to rub at his jaw.

Dean finally spoke up, dropping one of his arms, "Since that food is ruined, maybe we'll just have to snack on something else." His lips were sucking at my neck as his hips met my backside softly. I groan quietly before releasing a moan.

Adam smirked, but pulled me away from Dean. He yanked my sleeve up to my nose and led me inside. He hurried me upstairs and to the bedroom, leaving the other two on the front porch.

Once inside, he rummaged through the closet. Suddenly, a dark green shirt was thrown at me. Black sweats accompanied them. I caught them before Adam left the room, letting me change in peace.