28

The cabin door slams open, bringing light into the dark, hot room. Everything's numb as I move my eyes upward.

From my position, sitting on the floor, Ethan, Dean, and Adam were in my view. They had shock and fear written over their faces.
Is it there because of me?
Did I scare them?
Do they hate me?
I didn't mean to upset them.

Dean mumbled, "Charlie, what happened?"

I was shaking as I lifted my wet hands in front of my face. They were soaked in a red liquid. The same liquid all over my ripped shirt, across the walls, and in a puddle under me. And the smell, the horrible and toxic smell of the redness.

"I-I..."
I glanced behind me at the bodies of the men that had hurt me.
"Something bad, I-I did something very bad."

The guys had carefully taken me out of the cabin, staying silent. They brought me into the woods, far away from the building that I was kept in. None of their hands left me on the whole walk, keeping a safe grip on my body.

Are they scared for me?
Are they scared of me?

After an hour of walking in silence, Ethan stopped in front of us. He turned to me, staring down at me with hesitance in his eyes. He sighed and said slowly, "Charlie, we're sorry we weren't there."

I felt like crying but nothing would come out. Like I said, everything's numb.

I whispered in a broken voice, "Why? Why weren't you there?"

Adam explained, "We started looking for you. But your dad called us back. Jason had left the hospital, or escaped I guess."

Dean continued, "We thought he could lead us to you. But when we found him, he put up a fight."

Dean subconsciously rubbed his chest. With my new enhanced senses, I could smell the blood on him.
My sweet Dean was hurt.

Ethan got my attention, "Then when we finished with him, we went to where we thought Josh and Mike lived. But apparently they have three different cabins on opposite sides of the whole town."

Now it makes sense.
They went looking for me, got sidetracked with Jason, we're slowed down by their injuries, went to two different cabins, then finally found me.

With two dead bodies...

"Oh." I choked out before I broke down. I collapsed to the ground, my knees hitting the dirt and fallen leaves. The weight of today has finally caught up to me.

Finally the tears start again and I get my sobs back. I'm thankful to have a release of my emotions. I've felt empty for too long, I needed to be able to let it out again.

My mates kneel down with me and hold me. Surrounded by them, I can finally focus on the bond. I gasp at the feeling in my heart.

It feels like I'm done looking for something.
I am complete.
My soul is aching to never let them go.
It almost hurts with how good it feels.

I inhale their sweet, unique scents.
So amazing, so calming.

Adam smells like the forest, like pine mixed with what you'd imagine an old library to smell like.
Ethan smells like flowers, like a garden with bees buzzing around and fruity shampoo.
Dean smells like coffee, like chocolate lattes with cinnamon mixed with minty gum.

"I love you." I whisper as I'm still in awe of the feeling of the bond.

They whisper, "And we love you."