CHAPTER 40- FIVE YEARS~AYESHA💕

A Y E S H A : -

Turning to my right side, I brought my blanket up to my chin, cocooning in it's warmth and raised my hand to lay on Farhan's arm, only to meet with cold sheets.

Groggily opening my eyes, I noticed the bed next to me empty, trying to get some last remnants of sleep my eyes kept drooping but the next moment the blaring noise of my alarm made me snap open my eyes widely, still eyes closed I tried to find my phone as the sound got louder, only to notice that it is on the opposite nightstand, rolling over the bed I grabbed my phone and tapped on the 'stop' button. When did I kept my phone here? Must be Farhan.

Seeing the time which showed fifteen minutes past eight, I closed my eyes and mentally prepared for the day. Another day of how I can leave my bed. We should not let go things which we love. But love is also letting go. I was dozing off again but then my eyes snapped open again by my notification bell.

Throwing the covers off me, I sat up on the bed and tied my hair in a ponytail and rubbed my eyes, a yellow sticky note on the nightstand caught my eye as I stood up and plugged my phone to charging.

Meeting. Will be late.

Ok mr. husband, sticking the note back on the nightstand I stood up and draw the curtains of the windows, I sighed leaning against the window frame, it is snowing today, white snow spread all over the backyard garden and the window sill, what a lazy day.

Shaking my head I went to the washroom to fresh up and face the day.

After getting ready I went downstairs to the dining room only to find Bi jaan and mina seated on the dining table, frowning I walk towards them and greeted Bi jaan to which she didn't said anything colourful as she was saying everyday since last seven days when we were here.

Confused I asked mina about mama and baba jaan to which she said, "Baba went to some meetings with Bhai and mama.. isn't feeling well so she's resting." Mina said eating her cereal her voice was void of her regular mischievous self.

An uneasy feeling formed in me seeing their behaviour, "What happened to mama? Is she alright? Should I check on her?"

"No bhabhi everything is alright she has a headache and she said she wants to be alone today, I gave her some painkillers, don't worry, come sit and have some breakfast." Mina smiled passively.

I sat down beside her with the same uneasiness and poured some tea for Bi jaan and myself, "Everything is fine right mina? Farhan left way too early today."

"Yes bhabhi, they told they both have some meetings to attend but I have no idea why so early?" Mina said, confusion morphing her soft features.

"Mama had her breakfast?" I ask, picking up a apple,

"Yes, she did." Mina assured.

"Farhan toh kal bhi bohot jaldi chala gaya tha, ho kya raha hai?" [Farhan left early even yesterday, what's happening?] bi jaan asked me.

"Bi jaan, kal toh Inke dost Yousuf ke Bhenoyi ki achanak ek accident mai death hogayi thi oman mai, toh Yousuf ko waha ki airplane tickets jaldi dilwane gaye the" [Actually Bi jaan, yesterday his Friend, Yousuf's brother-in-law, passed away in a car accident in oman, so Farhan went yesterday to get Yousuf oman's airplane tickets as soon as he can.]

I was quite shocked to hear this when Farhan told me about it, I remember Yousuf mentioning his mom living with his sister and brother-in-law, I felt really bad, there is no assurance of life, my heart broke when Farhan mentioned they had four year old daughter, who doesn't have her father now.