Epilogue

~Present Day, August, 2010~

Carli's POV

The town clerk slides two pieces of paper across the desk.

"Sign here," she says flatly.

Elle squeezes my hand before letting go to grab the pen. I lean forward, picking up my own.

OFFICIAL MARRIAGE LICENSE

The phone on the desk rings. The clerk answers, and a moment later hangs up again.

"I'll be right back," she tells us. "When you're done, just leave them on the desk." Without another word she bustles out of the room, leaving me and Elle alone.

I glance at her sideways, pen still in hand. "You ready?" I ask.

She smiles. "There's no getting rid of me now, D'angelo."

I pull her into me by her hand, leaning over the chairs. "Wouldn't dream of it," I whisper before touching my lips to hers.

Elle laughs, pulling away. "Marry me first. Then kiss me."

"Oh, I plan on doing plenty more than kissing."

I give her one more kiss on the cheek before turning to the paper in front of me. We sign them at the same time, a satisfying click filling my ears as we put the pens down.

Her hand finds mine again. "I love you."

"I love you more."

Elle smirks, her hand fiddling with the collar of my leather jacket as she leans closer. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yep. Got the scars to prove it."

She rolls her eyes, letting out an exasperated sigh. "You know I can't top that."

"No, but I can top—"

"Don't finish that sentence," she interrupts.

I laugh, hand in hers as I get to my feet. "I'm taking my wife home now," I murmur, my hands on her waist.

Elle smiles, forehead touching mine. "I like the sound of that."

I kiss her. I kiss my wife. And it's incredible.

---

When we get home, we barely make it through the door before I have her pinned against the wall. Elle laughs as I wrap my arms around her waist, trailing kisses down her neck.

"Carli... at least let me take my shoes off," she says.

"I'll do it later, don't worry."

Elle shakes her head, drawing me in for a long kiss.

"What time do we have to be at Rossi's?" I mumble, lips brushing as I speak.

"5:00."

"That gives us..." I glance over my shoulder at the clock. "Four hours until we have to get ready."

"Yep." Elle cups my neck in her hands. "Better undress now."

Before I know it, she rips my jacket off my shoulders and spins us around. My back slams against the wall, picture frames rattling.

I take her clothes off layer by layer, her hands pulling my t-shirt over my head. Our mouths connect through the flurry of fabric, desperate for a taste of each other. Once she's stripped to her underwear, I pull her into me, resting a knee between her legs.

She rolls her hips against me, tongue sliding against mine. I bite her lip and she lets out a soft moan that sends me spiraling. My hands grip her waist, itching to travel lower.