Chapter 1

Oliviel first showed me the room where I would stay.

"This is your bedroom."

The room was better than I thought. Rather, it was bigger and more lavish than my room in the duchy. I heard that he had a lot of money, but I never knew how rich he was. However, as I looked around, I've come to believe that he has tremendous wealth beyond measure.

"I have stationed maids outside, so if you need anything, you can ring the bell by the bedside."

I nodded as I listened to Oliviel's explanation. The treatment I experienced up till now was not bad for someone who's getting married without a dowry.

Suddenly, I realized something strange about what Oliviel had said and looked back at her.

"My bedroom...?"

"Ah." Oliviel quickly understood what I meant and laughed.

"The master's bedroom is just across this room. Our manor had separate master's bedrooms unless it's necessary for a couple to have a shared bedroom."

"Is that so?"

"Yes."

I don't know if I should be grateful or not.

It was fortunate that I wouldn't have to spend the first night with someone I don't know. However, it was not a good idea to draw a line in this manner

"Where is the Earl if I may ask? I shall meet him to give my greetings."

We didn't even hold a wedding, but I couldn't just walk around without saying hello on the first day.

"He's in the office right now. Shall I guide you there, Madam?"

"Yes, please."

It was better to hurry up now if I had to say hello. It would be hard to find another opportunity to greet him if I delay it. Of course, I don't have any intentions other than greeting him. Earl Theodore won't even be interested in me anyway.

"Please come this way."

I followed Oliviel to the office.

After she knocked lightly on the door, a low voice came from inside, saying, "Come in."

Oliviel opened the door and smiled at me. It was a signal to go in.

Before I entered the office, I swallowed without knowing.

The first to welcome me was the smell of stale paper and ink. As I turned to look around, I saw that the desk was placed at the front of the door and near the window.

There were stacks of papers piled up on the desk, and in the middle of that was a man with black hair reading the papers.

There's no doubt that this man is my husband, Richard Theodore.

Whether it was because of the setting of being one of the male leads or because of the buff of a villain, he had an extraordinarily handsome face that was a sight for sore eyes.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him as he was deeply immersed in his work.

"Are you Diana Tristan?"

Earl Theodore asked me without looking away from his papers.

Instead of answering right away, I stared at Earl Theodore. I felt uncomfortable with his arrogant attitude.

"Aren't you inviting me to sit first?"

Only then did Earl Theodore raised his head and looked at me, piercing me with his cold blue eyes.

He raised his hand and swept his hair as we looked at each other without avoiding our gazes.