Chapter 31: Barkindo Official Cheer Up

Abuja, Nigeria

Hey, good afternoon
I wanted to tell you Layla has been discharged

Fahad kept the phone and sighed softly, he whispered Alhamdulillah to himself.

He rested his back on the headboard then looked at the phone beside remembering the call that came through after his mother left the room.

“Sir, Mr Dikko was sighted in his house Melbourne, do you want to keep an eye on him?”

He'd grunted no and thanked the private investigator.

Everything will get better with time, he thought closing his eyes. He'd been in his room all day, Huda and Aneesah had entered once wanting to play game on his PS5, they wanted to cheer him up he knew but they gave up and left not five minutes after they finished a fake argument just so he would intervene, he knew all their plots.

“Sup big bro.” Adnan's head popped in with a wide smile, his large body squeezed in seconds later and he stood over the bed with two game pads in hand.

Not looking up he shook his head no and waiting to hear the door, contrary to what he expected he felt the bed dip under his brother's crushing weight.

“Get off, you'll break my bed.”

“Haha very funny.” his tone dripped with sarcasm.

Adnan is twenty nine years old and second born to Abubakar and Barr. Salima Barkindo, unlike his elder brother, he was fair like their mother and tall, but very muscular, which was fat when he was a teenager, they made sure to remind him all his muscles were just strong fat. Like Mahmud Aliero, he's also am architect and manages the construction company.

“What exactly do you want?” Fahad muttered with a small a glare, why was it so hard for his family to let him stay in his room alone quiet, in peace and avoiding all interaction with them.

“I just signed a really complicated project with an automobile company, the least you could do is let me relax a bit before we start.” Fahad sighed giving up, he stretched and took the controller Adnan held out for him.

“Only because it'll be fun to make you lose in front of Huda, hopefully she'll send a video of your pouty face to Aisha.” he finished with a smirk making Adnan turn with his cheeks a darker shade, who said being fair is a walk in the park?

They walked out and like he expected, the rest of his siblings were sat in his living room, Huda obviously over dressed with her black sequence dress that was leaving a trail behind her, she held a remote, a makeshift mic and cleared her throat when she saw them.

“Hey it's not fair that he was the one to get you to come out, I saw you first,” she shouted oops and removed the ‘mic’, “That wasn't meant for all of you”.

“I knew him first.” Adnan replied with the same tone she used, she huffed before clearing her throat.

“Welcome to the Barkindo-I can't remember which number-” they laughed, she waved her hands for silence before continuing-“Official hamma Fahad schooling hamma Adnan in a game of Mortal Kombat 11 ultimate.” she made a hooting sound, failed hooting sound while the rest clapped, she bowed then sat beside Fahad on the couch, the rest took their seats on the hand.

Nabila sat alone on another sofa, while Ja'afar sat on the carpet, 'wanting a grade A view of the battle field', his exact words.

“You have to call out start.” Aneesah reminded her.

“Oh,” she raised her hands up then made a motion of waving flags, “Start!”

Only laughs and screams could be heard from the room, like expected, Fahad did win.