Chapter 42: A.H Trip

Hey lovessss, ga kudin lalle da kitso from me😁😁😁
It's a short chapter though but don't fret, another is coming right after

Fahad stared at the door to his father’s office, he hasn’t seen him or talked to him after the day he told him he was basically ruining his life, pushing those thoughts to the back of his mind he announced his presence by saying the taslim, he pushed the door open when he heard his father’s reply muffled by the door.

He looked around the simple office his father used at home, it wasn’t near as big as any of the rooms in the house, it has warm brown furnishings, a simple oak table, his father’s chair and another chair facing his, the sides were adorned by bookshelves all containing multiple books he was never able to finish.

His father sat with a religious book in his hands, his reading glasses on. Fahad greeted him respectfully and waited until he told him to sit.

“Is everything okay?” his voice was fatherly, like it always was. Though their relationship has been strained since the talk, Abubakar Barkindo did nothing to make his son uncomfortable, he’d promised to be there for his children like his father was always there for him until his death, though he wouldn’t call Fahad a child, children never really finish growing in the eyes of their parents.

“Yes baba, I um, I just wanted to talk to you.” Abubakar closed the book and kept it on the table, his full attention on his first son, his first child.

“Okay, what about?” he asked studying him. He noticed him tapping his feet, something he’d never done, he looked back up to see the frown on his son’s face, he looked like he was battling with his inner self, deciding to give him time to gather his thoughts, he asked another question, “Jawad has gone back home?”

“Yes er, last night.” He knew the question was rhetorical and his father was aware of his movement but he answered nevertheless, more so to fill the silence.

“It’s good though, I like when he is working, Tafida and I talked to his uncles, they can’t force him into marriage especially when he’s not ready, not that I’m personally backing his not agreeing to get married, if he has someone he wants to marry, they can’t force someone else on him, that never ends well.” Fahad nodded not saying a word, he knew his father was talking to him indirectly but the difference between him and Jawad was, he didn’t want to get married, in fact, marriage was the last thing on his mind.

“Is Layla okay?” he nodded again, he didn’t bother asking how he knew, his father was always informed. “Now what was it you wanted to talk about?”

“The work in Kaduna, I think it best for me to move there temporarily until everything is settled.” His father nodded thoughtfully, more than work.

Fahad knew it was just an excuse, he needed a break and change of environment, he believed Kaduna was quiet enough, well at least not as busy as Abuja, he honestly didn’t even know why he chose the place, he could’ve simply just gone back to Australia where he owned a jewelry company that deals in and diamonds and rare stones.

A lot of people thought it strange that he was interested in jewelry and even he didn’t know why they fascinated him, it was his own small guilty pleasure.

“You want a break from all these don’t you?” his father asked, Fahad squirmed under his father’s scrutiny, the man knew him too well.

“Not only that, since you’re all moving back after the wedding, I don’t want to be there with my mind here and all.” There, being Australia, their primary residence.