𝟏𝟓 → 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧?

" 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞 "

" 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞 "

◤◢

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞. She was use to her mother always being around, but it seemed as if she had vanished into thin air. The only possibility to see her is if Estelle would wake up at five or six in the morning or at eleven at night. Estelle kept her mouth shut because she knew her mother was a workaholic and she didn't want to be a bother. 

School wasn't completely awful and Estelle rather enjoyed it - she hadn't made any new friends, but it was besides the point. Some of the kids whispered about Estelle and how she wasn't as preppy and preen as they were and made fun of her from coming from a small and less wealthy town in Florida. Estelle begged Flora not to do anything or say anything in defense of her. Flora rolled her eyes and agreed, but it didn't stop anyone in the group from shooting a nasty look to any one who said something out of line. 

Estelle had refrained from speaking with anyone else other than the little group and the teachers have noticed. They attempted to put Estelle in group projects with people she didn't know, which resulted in Estelle doing her portion of the work without speaking to anyone. Oh well, that was the optional extrovert in her. 

Sooner than she'd believe, Estelle was entering autumn. The trees were turning red and orange and the wind was becoming colder. Needless to say, it was hitting her hard. She woke up at night congested and early in the morning, her throat felt like it was clogged. If she thought allergies were bad, she was in a different realm with the autumn. Autumn break was only weeks away, but she had to get past September.

" You look awful, star girl." Louis chuckled as he and Estelle walked to their final class of the day together. 

" Thanks for the reminder, Lou." She yawned.

Louis, sensing her tiredness, he extended his arm to push her towards him, " Have you been sleeping?" 

" It's not sleep, I need." Estelle leaned into him and continued to walk. " I need medicine, aspirin, something." 

" Medicine." 

" I'm not use to the cold, Louis. I'm from freaking Florida!" 

Louis laughed and lectured her on the cold weather and how she needed to get some long sleeved pajamas and learn to wear jackets. As they switched buildings and continued walking - his arm around her shoulders and she was leaning into his side - that a swarm of different girls watched them walk along and few of them felt a raise of jealously.