01| Someone who could be my brother

Back to the present

Back to the present

I wake up sore. Everywhere. Memories of last night's events make me groan as I slip out of bed ignoring the magnetic pull that I have to fall back into my blanket. After yesterday I don't think I have any energy to go through it again for which I'm thankful that she had already left. With half closed lids I can make out a small bluish bruise on my cheek, though it was nothing compared to the one around my rib cage. I strip slightly cringing as the hot water of the shower brushes the cuts on my back from last night's scourging.

Don't come home late, kids. Not even for a second or you'll probably end up like this. With a new set of scars to cover your canvas to fulfill their work of art.

I tenderly apply some ointment to them making sure to be as gentle as possible ignoring the alarm setting off in my head telling me I'll be late. I quickly slipped into my work uniform that I had to wear for my next 12 hour shift. God bless me. 12 hour shift?! Yes. As painful as it is to work for that long there were always the pros that came with it. Such as being able to see Darcy, the owner.

She's a sweet old lady and is like my own grandmother. She was there for me when I was little and would give me food in the house knowing I hadn't eaten. I've tried to repay her even though she refused so I work there and don't accept the money. Well she thinks that I'm accepting the money though lately it's been always put back into the cash register.

Limping, I sit in my vanity, throwing my hair into a loose side braid to cover the bruise that decorated my neck. Not a hickey, actually. But a bruise from accidentally being pushed down the stairs. Thank god for the blessing of makeup to cover the bruise on my cheek making it barely notable. I add my necklaces, rings and the first pair of shoes that I see before heading out the door.

I jog hissing lightly at the pain that jolts through my body quickly shaking it off. It'll be fine by tonight, I hope. A few blocks away I stop my eyes trained on one thing. My hand glides across the sparkling vehicle that glimmered under the sun's light as I grin hopping onto my most prized possession. My fucking motorcycle.

(Arabella's motorcycle)