06| You don't remember who I am?

Music plays through my ears like the background music to my life

Music plays through my ears like the background music to my life. As trees pass by, so does the melody of the song that captures my attention. The song perfectly sums up how I've felt throughout my life. Ever since I can remember I came from a place of desperation. Wishing I could pause the author conducting my story and have a break in silence. I never knew who I was, no one does. In simple words, I was lost.

I've been seeing lonely people in crowded rooms

Covering their old heartbreaks with new tattoos

It's all about smoke screens and cigarettes

Looking through lowlights at silhouettes

But all I see is lonely people in crowded rooms

This city's gonna break my heart

This city's gonna love me then leave me alone

This city's got me chasing stars

It's been a couple months since I felt like I'm home

Am I getting closer to knowing where I belong?

This city's gonna break my heart

She's always gonna break your heart

(This City by Sam Fisher)

I softly hum to the tune while looking outside at the beautiful scenery that captures me. This would be perfect for a nature jewelry set. When the song comes to an end I look over my shoulder seeing Vincent and Lorenzo. They're both looking at me in adoration and awe that makes me roll my eyes.

"What?" I snap, crossing my arms. Lorenzo and Vincent look taken back by my tone but nonetheless were brought out of their thoughts.

"We're here." Vincent states. I nod looking behind us to see a big jet stationed not so far away. With them a few steps behind me I enter inside getting a quick glance around. It was stunning if I was being honest yet I still keep my blank expression. Taking a seat beside the window, they each take a seat around me. Just as the pilot announces our departure, my eyes stay focused on the land slowly fading further away. Just as we're in stable condition in the air I shift my eyes back to the pair seated in front of me with them staring back at me.

"Were you never taught that staring is rude?" I sigh. With the jerk of their head the plane goes silent yet again until Vincent decides to start a conversation.

"So."

"So?"

"What do you like to do? Like your interests and all?" He scratches the back of his neck, seeming nervous.

"I like to sketch." I answer shortly hoping they get the hint that I don't want to talk. Though instead they continue to talk.

"That's cool. What do you enjoy sketching?" Lorenzo asks.