Chapter Thirty-Three

THE NEXT DAY WAS RELENTING. Julia didn't even want to bother showing up today. Her body was tired from the day before and she knew that she couldn't handle today either. It was too much. Too many things were happening. 

She groaned so loudly. Why the hell did she even exist? Even existing on this planet seemed like a boring chore she didn't want to do. 

She stood up, turned her back, and decided to take a day off. 

She knew the Principal hated her. So he wouldn't care if she asked for a substitute teacher, did he? Julia rolled her eyes, she believed that the Principal would rather ask for someone else to teach the class than she did. 

What about her students? Did they ever care? 

Julia rubbed her forehead, shaking her head. Nope, probably not. 

Thinking that way, she quickly fell into her bed and fell asleep. A substitute teacher for a day should be fine. Better even. Who knows, maybe she'll quit this job and move onto another? 

Just like that, Class 2-A had a substitute teacher for the first time. 

***

***

"YOU THINK SENSEI IS SHOWING UP TODAY?" Tsuchiya Mina said loudly for the entire class to hear. "I hadn't seen you at the Office at all." 

"Probably, she always shows up," Ashikaga Erena said. 

"She'll probably come in looking like a Zombie or something, man." Someone snickered loudly. 

The Class today was right on time, and they were elated for Julia's return after yesterday's melodrama. Everyone knew their behavior was completely inexcusable,  so they all remained silent and polite until her return. 

Yesterday was even crazier. 

Yoshihisa Hanna made a notecard and made everyone sign their apologies so that they could give it to Julia. Not only that, they made an entire scheme to give it to her. 

A grand scheme of magic tricks and confetti with apology notes and flowers was the key to Sensei's heart.

"Okay, class! So we all know what to do right?!" Yoshihisa Hanna told everyone, "we need to get to our spots before Sensei walks in and we'll throw her confetti, okay!" 

"Okay, okay," Tsuchiya Mina said loudly, rolling her eyes. "We get it, you know? We aren't born with slow brain capacity or something, maybe a little, but still." 

"Just get it to move a little faster next time," Hanna said, slow-burning Tsuchiya Mina, to which she flushed red saying, 

"What?!" 

"I said nothing," Yoshihisa Hanna smiled and looked away, "just get back to your spots." 

"I heard that-!" Tsuchiya Mina yelled. 

 Yoshihisa Hanna bit her lips in anticipation while she waited for Julia's return. Out of everyone in this classroom, only Hanna was the person to eagerly ever anticipate her return. She always wanted to help Julia Sensei. 

Someone knocked on the door loudly, and Hanna's heard exploded with euphoria. But to her disdain, it was actually a goddamn messenger from the Principal's office, goddamnit!

"Yoshihisa-san," Igarashi said, calling her out of the classroom. "The Chairman wants to see us."

What?! Yoshihisa Hanna slapped her desk so hard that everyone became startled by her attitude. 

'Are you serious bro?! You did that for what? No one asked, goddamnit.' 

Yoshihisa Hanna quickly smiled at Igarashi Keith, who also smiled at her two-sided saying, "if you don't go, we'll trouble Sensei..." he said, but did not continue.