Choice b: Smile

Even though I'm crying, I can't help but smile. Even though he kidnapped me, tied me to a chair, and physically abused me, he's like, super cute, so I couldn't imagine any other way of going. I remember the good times we had in school together. I loved it when he walked to class with me, how he would really listen to me when I ranted about my problems. He was like a brother to me...

Louis smiles back at me. Then, a look of determination appears on his face. "I'm... not giving up..." he says. What the hell is he going to do?!

My facial expression changes to surprise as I can see his muscles tensing, trying to break free of the magic keeping him down. and then... I see the flashing of light, as if the barrier is somehow being broken.

"Wh-What... what are you doing?!" the witch yells.

Louis growls, slowly regaining the ability to stand. He soon towers over her, still in the form of Glenda.

"How... how are you standing?!" she shouts at him, clearly confused. "No matter... this isn't even my true form!"

Suddenly, she transforms into something like a giant shadow with sharp tendrils, but I can't see her completely as my head is facing in the wrong angle. All I can do is listen to the calamity.

Louis growls again, bearing his teeth, and lunges toward her. I can hear the witch screaming in pain as he rips and tears at her. It sounds like he's winning, until...

"Stop! Stop, monster!" somebody yells. I can sort of recognize their voice. and then, a gunshot. involuntarily, my head shoots up to see what's happened--I'm no longer paralyzed! But when I look up, the scene looks... completely different.

I can see a team of... furries? and they're all holding guns. To the left, I see the bloody, mangled corpse of glenda. And next to her is... Louis, lying on the ground motionless.

"Louis!" I cry, trying to rush towards him, but one of the fursuits grabs me before I can reach him. "No, no!" I say, kicking and screaming.

A white fursuit, the leader, I assume, kneels down next to the body of Glenda while two others check on Louis. That's the last thing I see before I feel a prick on my neck, then fade to black.

I wake up in my bed, sweating. "What the..." I think to myself, looking around. Everything seems normal, nothing out of place. I get up, examining myself. All of my wounds have healed, somehow. I'm categorically confused. This couldn't have been a dream... it was all too real! Louis, the witch, those strange furry people... although, it does seem pretty crazy once I think about it.

I sit up and check my phone for the time. It's 3 in the morning.

Before going back to sleep, I could've sworn I saw something outside my window... but it must have been my imagination.

NIGHTMARE END (7)
(1, B, b)