O N E

N A O M I

The funny thing about life is how quickly it changes and that's something I learned five years ago. Life changes so swiftly and so often, but it's also due to my own doing. My own choices. It's within the choices that I made and make everyday. But then again, if I didn't make them, then I guess, I don't know - I'd always think, 'what if', I'd always wonder.

I'd always wonder if I never gave it a chance.

...If I never gave him a chance

Just over five years ago I got onto a plane to New York all because I got my heart broken. I got on that plane to start my career and today, well I guess it worked out because here I am styling a fashion show.

I'm the creative director of Sinful Lingerie.

I don't usually style fashion shows, I'm more-so behind the scenes doing PR and marketing for the company - but every now and then I don't mind helping out.

"Lisa, can you bring me the 'ominous set' in a bigger size please?" I instructed, whilst I held together Shannon's bra strap - which was holding on for dear life

Fashion shows. I love and hate them. I love the idea of the world seeing a new collection within the fast, fun and exciting atmosphere of a catwalk, where my very own hand picked models of all shapes, sizes, ethnicities and disabilities walked in my designs. But I hate the fact that behind the scenes it was chaos no matter how well i planned it in advance, and right now was probably one of the most chaotic nights it had been.

From arguments and fights because of petty issues, to scandals and drop outs and all the way to pregnancies, I felt like I couldn't catch a break tonight - but by force I would make it work.

I always did. I wasn't a quitter - not anymore at least, I don't run away anymore. I saw things through and my career wasn't going down the drain anytime soon because of others.

"Naomi I'm so sorry, I didn't know I would of grown this much" Shannon apologised, as I noticed the tears already beginning to build in her eyes

Snapping into action, i said what i needed to, to keep the show going, "Shannon you've done nothing wrong, we didn't know you were going to be pregnant during the show, but it's just a few alterations, it's fine - the show isn't ruined" I reassured her, tilting Shannon's head downwards so if she was going to let those tears fall freely, they wouldn't ruin the work of the makeup artists

"I know, I know, but my boobs have already grown so much and now I'm afraid of how big my stomach will be" she panicked, gulping down a sob

Where the hell is Lisa with that replacement? I can't deal with Shannon's pregnancy hormones, just not today

"Here you go Naomi" Lisa rushed out, handing me the new lacy forest green bra - which looked amazing against Shannon's dark brown skin and traditional gold Indian accessories as her baby bump made her look even better and happier.

"Thank you so much!" I breathed heavily, as I ushered Shannon behind one of the changing curtains, along with the new bra for her to change into

Not even a minute later, with a few tweaks of fabric and untangling of straps, Shannon looked great in the first launch of maternity lingerie and was ready to go out.