T W O

T H E O

"So Theo, rumour has it you're dating someone new, can we have an exclusive?" The interviewer asked as I shifted uncomfortably in my chair

Another day, another interview.

I couldn't exactly complain though, I knew what I signed up for the moment I became a Chelsea player. What I didn't expect was how invasive the media was though.

It was never about my talent, or what I enjoyed about football. It was always which girl I was dating, or how active I was in the bedroom department, or what my gym routine was and how regularly I went for the lads who admired me, to follow.

"Dating?" I simply furrowed my brows, what else could I do? I was confused.

What spiked the rumours this time?

Was it another influencer, who was a big fan of mine - claiming that we'd hit it off because I apparently slid into her dms, when in reality she slid into mine and I didn't even give her a response.

Was it another old resurfaced photo of me at the club celebrating a win in more ways than one. Involving a very intimate moment between me and a random girl I didn't see again after that night, that somehow the paparazzi always got a hold of.

Judging by the lack of photo evidence being pulled out, I figured it was just hearsay or a way to try to get me to slip up on my words and find out that I'm apparently in a secret relationship. So, as usual I said the same simple sentence- that was the truth, "Now I don't know where you heard that - but I'm not" I answered monotonously as I waited for the next question

And then it was like they all had the same script.

And she said the same thing as all the others did - which only made me want to roll my eyes

"Aww, what a shame - you heard it here first, ladies - Theo Venturi, striker for Chelsea FC is still single and up for grabs"

"Hmm" I hummed, looking uninterested as I refused to comment further about my relationship status

I wanted to gauge out my eyes at the repetitive and unoriginal interview content - but it clearly sold and my bank account wasn't complaining - but that didn't meant that my brain wasn't definitely rotting

I don't even know myself what to call my relationship status these days.

So if I didn't know, the media definitely didn't need to.

Clearing her throat the interviewer continued, "Do you feel pressured at all to get into a relationship, or at least find a date for your bestfriend, footballer Oliver 'Ollie' Stone and celebrity wedding planner Aimee Valencia's wedding?" she asked as my attention was suddenly captured by the mention of my two good friends from uni.

Aimee and Ollie - the couple that started it all. The weird turmoil that was my university experience all the way to today.

They were the couple that could make it through anything and everything.

Aimee was perfect for Ollie, got him out of his comfort zone and Ollie...well he'd do anything and everything for Aimee. She was like his sun on a hot summer's day - always there but very much appreciated. But also his rain in a drought, desperately needed.

But for some interviewer to bring up their names was unexpected and within that context caught me very much so off guard, because what the actual fuck.

Wedding? I'm sorry what?!

I couldn't even hide my confusion as the interviewer awaited my answer.

Before I could even stop myself from talking, my mouth opened and said the first word that popped into my head