F O U R

T H E O

"And we are looking, smiling, crying - and everything inbetween" Aimee's assistant instructed in a sing song voice as she showed us how to walk down the isle

I wanna say her name was Annie, or maybe Anna, I couldn't remember - something that started with an 'A'

Pfft, Annie or Anna, regardless, she was annoying me slightly, it's not like I don't know how to walk, how hard could it be?

I get it, it's a big event and it's Aimee's big event so everything needed to be perfect, but- my god I would've just stayed at home if I knew that was option.

I was all for Ollie and Aimee getting married, but sometimes I just needed to take a step back because I like my peace.

These past few weeks of wedding prep have been fucking intense and I mean like military Sargent intense.

"So Ollie, Elijah, Theo, Crawford-" Anna, or Annie, whichever it was, started talking again and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. She was like Aimee times by ten, you could only take her in small doses.

As I stood in line at the top of the isle, opposite the place where the girls would be standing not too long from now, I kept glancing at my watch. God only knows why because this wasn't going to be over for at least another few hours - because we still had the rehearsal dinner to get through and like I keep saying, it just had to be perfect before we left

The wedding was happening any day now and nothing could go wrong.

It was due to be the wedding of the year according to every tabloid.

And any day now I'd be in an uncomfortable tux, repeatedly tugging at my collar as it would definitely irritate me the second I put it on. I hated tuxedos, - well ties to be more exact, they never sat right around my collar no matter how many times I'd undo and redo it, it'd be crooked or too long or just all round too tight and I didn't like them full stop.

The only one I could just about stand was- well, it was one tied by a certain woman before one of my football award nights back in university, but she wasn't here to tie my tie anymore and hasn't been for a few years.

Not since I let her go...

"Alright everyone, please follow after me to the reception area!" Aimee's assistant called out, ushering all of us along

I paid no mind to anyone else and pulled my phone out of my back pocket to at least answer any messages I may have gotten

There were a few from my coach telling me that it might be a big wedding but it was prime football season and as soon as the wedding celebrations were over, it was back to training as normal.

We had big matches coming up.

Some messages from Stass, I was quick to respond back to them, whilst following after everyone outside to the reception tent kind of thing, as the text messages were about Nonna and Nonno - who I definitely needed to see soon.

It'd been far too long since I'd seen them in person and I wanted to-

"Theo you're going to be sat here" Aimee's assistant instructed, ushering me to my seat at a table filled with everyone closest to Aimee and Ollie.