Chapter 22: Before The Final Test

"Lady Calista, how was the first and second portions of the exam? Hopefully it wasn't too troubling." Winnie greeted, pulling a chair for me to sit in.

"Thank you, Edwin, it was quite alright. I appreciate you asking." I settled in my seat as Edwin settled into his.

After changing back into my dress, I followed the class to the garden area where multiple tables were set up for each family. It was very large and wide with perfectly trimmed grass and beautiful flowers that surrounded us. In the middle was a large platform that had a floating large orb on it.

This was where the third exam was to be taken. All you needed to do was place your palm on the globe and concentrate on pushing your mana into it. It will show certain colors and those colors will showcase your ranks.

Green ~ Common
Yellow ~ Rare
Red ~ Legendary
Blue ~ Godly

The brighter they were, the more you could wield and control. The dimmer they were, the weaker it was.

I felt nervous about going up and showcasing my magic stats in front of everyone. I know that I do indeed have magic, but I have no idea as to how weak or strong it is. Winnie must've noticed since he cleared his throat and attempted to distract me from the pressure of the final exam, "My Lady, have you decided the classes to attend?"

The reminder of the classes I were to take made me feel a bit better, "Of course, since we are to be ranked by the outcome of our written test, I will be taking the classes chosen by the academy which leaves me with two free classes. For those two classes I would like to attend, I decided on Arts and Cultural Sporting."

His brows raised in amusement, "Arts and Cultural Sporting? Is there a reason for choosing these classes?"

"I enjoy Art, I'd like to say that I have a talent in painting. As for Cultural Sporting, I'm interested in the sports that are practiced in different cultures." I shrugged.

He pondered on that before nodding understandingly, "I see, that is good to know." Our conversation went on as we were served lunch along with a pamphlet of additional information about the academy.

"This academy is truly one of the most prestigious in all of Xydia." He flips through the pamphlet with a look of interest. I chewed on a piece of sliced meat when a shadow suddenly loomed over me.

"May we join you two?" The familiar low yet soothing voice makes me forcefully swallow down the half chewed meat. I then take a look up at the man I haven't seen in a year.

His eyes were gentle yet his expression was still fixed into a stern look, albeit more relaxed than usual. His hair still the same, swept to the side as usual while attracting attention from noble women around.

I hold back my excitement and allow myself to smile the way I practiced for the public.

"Of course, please help yourselves." I say with a polite attitude. I watch as he nods and sits next to me with elegance before motioning to the seat across from his. It was only then I noticed the figure who came to join us with father. I recognize him immediately due to his white hair that stood out from the rest.

It was the mysterious boy who bumped into me earlier. I was curious to know which household had someone with stark white hair, how shocking it was to find out that he actually belonged to the Royal family of the Ravaryn Kingdom.