Chapter 12: The Knight Is A Mysterious Person

The feeling of hot liquid falling from my eyes wakes me from my slumber. Staring at a blurry ceiling, I feel a sense of loneliness and shock from deep within my chest.

Why do I feel this way?

I blink away the tears and try to remember what I dreamt about. It takes me a few minutes to recollect some images but no matter how much I tried, it never made sense. I remember feeling fear, then looking at my reflection in a pond.

It ends there.

I lightly breathe in through my mouth, trying to get myself to calm the endless tears that pour out my eyes.

Ugh, honestly what is wrong with me?

I slap myself across the face, "Get yourself together!" I hiss out through gritted teeth. I turn to my mirror and see a weird sight of myself with nest hair, bloodshot teary eyes, and gritted teeth.

Oh my god.. I look like a crackhead.

I look rather ridiculous as of right now but the sight seemed to act as a pain reliever to my rather random emotions. My eyes squint causing my appearance to look even more ridiculous. After long moments of staring at the mirror, I decided to begin my day.

I tried not to let the feeling bother me throughout my morning.

Through meditation, I would sometimes lose my focus and would have to start all over again.

While running, my mind would wonder and my foot would cause me to trip over something small like a pebble.

When letting the maids ready me up, their blabber would fall deaf to my ears and they would have to repeat it.

I stared at my food.

Why do they look so lonely apart?

I sigh before picking up the sap and drinking it slowly.

It's okay, they'll be together in my stomach.

"Is the Lady alright?" I hear Winnie ask lowly to Miss Penelope.

"I hope so..."

I don't bother with them and continue to eat my food. The Crystique and Prefect had helped better up my mood. Before you know it, I was happily watering the plants in the garden.

"My Lady, are you feeling alright?" Penelope asked me wearily.

I nodded with a smile, "Yes, I'm quite fine now, thank you for asking."

"Oh thank goodness! You've been acting strange this entire morning!" Rose says as we make our way back to the shed.

"Have I?" I question as I put back all the gardening materials with the help of my personal maids. The maids blink at me in confusion before nodding, "Oh, I haven't noticed." I shrug nonchalantly before making my way back in the manor.

Before I could walk my way up the stairs, Winnie stopped me in my tracks, "My Lady, I have approval from the Duke regarding your sword lessons with Dame Trelli?"

"Ah! Is that so?" I grin happily.

So father had received my request from Winnie for me to be taught under Dame Trelli...

I was glad to have fathers approval of Dame Trelli. As much as I loved to be trained by fathers knights, it's not as fun since they have been easy on me. I can't learn if they didn't give me grueling hard work. Not only that, they only train me during Saturday's for one hour. I couldn't improve if we continued that way, but with Dame Trelli, I can be sure to become a stronger person.