Care

Ava

I was sitting on the bed. The doctor was having a check up on me, but he was shivering. Of course. Why not? When there is a whole damn AJ , standing and glaring at you?

I rolled my eyes. The doctor removed the IV drip from my hand and turned towards AJ.

"She is doing good now. You can take her to the garden for having a walk. But don't let her strain too much", he said.

"Good and Thank you", AJ said in his cold voice.

"I will be taking my leave now Mr. Johnson. The nurses are here, if you need anything.", the doctor said.

"No, take the nurses with you. I will manage", he said.

"As you say Mr Johnson", he said and went out

AJ glanced at me. And the cold expression on his face was replaced by a soft one. He smiled at me.

I looked at him with my emotionless eyes. He came towards me.

He cupped my right cheek and looked at me with love in his eyes. The way Aldric looked at me every time. I didn't realise I was staring at him, until he said " Let me help you in taking a bath".

I came to my senses. I shook my head.

He ran his fingers through my hair, arranging it.

"Come on, you are still weak and you need help. Besides there is nothing to hide. Hmm", he said.

I glared at him. He chuckled.

The next second I was in his hands, with him heading towards the washroom. I started wiggling in his arms.

He made me sit beside the sink . And went towards the tub and turned on the water and set the temperature. He lighted some scented candles and filled the tub with rose petals and bubbles.

He then came towards me. I glared at him.

"Trust me , okay? I won't do anything. I will just help, okay? I will just make you sit in the bathtub and you can bath on your own. I won't touch you, I promise", he said.

The way he said these lines, it captivated me. I was lost in his eyes. So much love and affection. Automatically, my head moved up and down, signalling yes.

I saw a small sad smile formed on his lips. He took off the loose night gown, off me. It was then I realised, that I wasn't wearing anything beneath. My hands went up to cover my body.

He chuckled and I glared at him. He again lifted me and sat me in the bath tub.

"Is the temperature, fine?", he asked.

It was perfect, just like the way I prefer. I nodded my head in response.

"Okay then, I will go and get your dress ready. I will come back in 10 minutes", he said.

I started playing with the bubble and rose petals, ignoring him. He let out a sigh and went out.

Why he is being so caring all of a sudden? Why can't he be like before? Why can't he be AJ? Why is he trying to become Aldric? What happened in these four months to make him like this? Is he faking? No he isn't. A person's mouth can lie, but there eyes can't. And all I saw in his eyes was love and care for me. Did he really change this much in four months? If he continue, to be this soft then I know my heart would melt for him. But no it can't. It would never. I will never forgive him.