New Beginnings

Ava

4 years later

"Mam you are having a meeting with the boy group who is going to become our new brand ambassador, in a few minutes. Then we have to head over to a charity auction .After that you have to review the new design collection, as it is almost ready today. And that's it for today", my Secretary Thea says following me towards my cabin.

"Okay and what about the partnership with Mr. Dark company's?", I asked.

"Our people are still analyzing and overviewing it and the reports would be ready by tomorrow", she says.

"Good", i say and with that I enter my cabin only to be met by a pile of files waiting to be viewed. What a good day.

I sit on my chair and open the first file. Only for it to be kept aside with a ring in my phone. Seeing the caller id a smile formed on my lips. But I rolled my eyes, thinking he is probably going to rant about why I did not call him upon reaching the company and so and so. I answered the call.

Why didn't you call me?", he asked.

"I forgot baby. I had a lot of work piled up. I am sorry", i apologised, sensing his pout from the other side.

"Okay. When are you getting free?", he asked.

"4 pm", i said chuckling.

"I will be at your service at 3:30", he says and hangs up.

This guy seriously. He barely leaves me alone. I only work twice a week. Yeah, I am a slacking CEO of a company. That's why I have this much work piled up.

After completing my fashion designing course I opened my own studio and it developed so much that it created a huge brand name resulting in the formation of my company,'Aric'. I am happy that I achieved this much. In such a short time.

About Aldric he is still the same Mafia Boss. It's just the mafia has changed. AJ Mafia now works with the government to make the country a better place. They work to eradicate the terrorist groups that threatens the world's security. And because of this the Mafia has grown more powerful than it already was. Making Aldric still the most powerful and feared man.

Who knew four years ago that our lives will turn out like this, after facing all those troubles?  But yeah, it did. It was not easy to come out of the endless dark pit we both were trapped in. Especially me after going through the most dreaded thing. But yeah, I did.

It took me a lot of time to come out of my trauma and trust people other than Aldric, Vincenzo and Robert. I still don't trust people easily, but now I am comfortable around them.

It took a lot. I remember my doctor suggesting Aldric to hire a counsellor, which almost had me freak out. I was not comfortable with sharing my thoughts and past with some sort of stranger. So Aldric settled with himself counseling me. Which was way better than talking with some stranger. It took me a long time, but I was able get through it with the support of my love.

I still remember that day, when Vincenzo brought an Aldric covered in blood at our room. They sure freaked out seeing me awake, which they didn't expected anytime soon. I saw that Aldric had got cuts here and there all over his upper body. They told me that, Aldric fell on some glass pieces. But I was not a fool to believe that. Taken the amount of injury he had, it was not just from falling but by constantly cutting with a blade. And taken the most dangerous man, no one would dare to do it him, until and unless he himself did.

I realised that he punished himself for not being able to protect me which clenched my heart but I didn't tell them that I know. I am sure he wouldn't want to let me know that he went around cutting himself. But, I felt guilty, that he was blaming himself for everything. So, I decided to try my best to forget those heinous things and get better.