JJ Maybank | Angsty Heart

As we stood on the wet concrete, the rain began to pour harder and harder. Soon followed by lightning and a little bit of thunder. "Y/n."

"JJ, It's fine. I seriously don't care, like seriously I'm not just saying that." He took my hands and held them in his. "JJ, why do you care so much? It's a joke John B made, I don't care if he jokes about how everything went down between us. I mean, it didn't end up working ou-"

"Because here's the thing, Y/n You... You're my light in the dark, my sun in the clouds, my moon in the stars. It's like we're in an old film scenes sometimes, but you're the pop of color." He rambled on and on, as I stood there in front of him continuously grinning.

"JJ, seriously?" I spoke in a genuine tone, my voice going soft.

"You don't understand, I can't imagine my life without you and I just really hope you feel the same way. I don't care how many disagreements or arguments we get into, you will always be the person I come back to." My heart sank, it was beating so fast, my mind racing a thousand thoughts a second. I felt complete for the first time in a while, I looked down at my shoes.

"I mean, I never said no JJ." I lifted my head back up, staring into his blue eyes.

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows, as I let out a tiny laugh.

"When you asked me out.I never said no, I just... It didn't feel it was the right time to say yes. I guess I was nervous, Maybank." I nervously laughed as my heart started to beat slower, he looked around and back to me.

"So you..?" He laughed with me, trying to hide how nervous he was. It was absolutely adorable.

"But I think now is the right time to say yes." I looked at him confidently as the ran poured harder, I smiled as his lips crashed against mine. He felt warm, it made me feel... alive.

That's the moment I realized I was hopelessly in love with the Blonde pogue, while he may not know it... He's the one I love, the person I'd call if the world was ending, the person I'd let into my heart without a doubt. He's my soulmate, I just didn't know it for a while.