JJ Maybank | Sorry I didn't kiss you.

"Hey." The blonde called, running behind me until he caught up to me in the crowded school hallway. I opened my locker, as he opened his beside me.

"Hey..." My voice was calm, it wasn't a shy hey, it was more of a "I can't believe you're actually speaking to me" hey. I grabbed my books as I looked over to JJ.

"I'm sorry." He sounded, muffled.

"I'm sorry, uh, can you say that again?" I nervously laughed, placing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Uh, never mind. See you in history, y/n."

So, I'm sure you're wondering what happened last night that could be so terribly bad. Let me replay it for you.

"Y/n!! Hey." The blonde rushed up to me as his arms wrapped around my drenched body in the rain, my clothes, my hair, was soaked. My makeup was running, it was a utter disaster.

"It's been so long, JJ. It's good to see you too." I grinned as he still hadn't pulled back from the tight hug. "You're kind of choking me, Maybank." I joked, nervously laughing it off.

"Sorry." He laughed, "So, what brings you back to the obx?"

"What? I can't come back to see my best friends, especially after a long, long, awaited reunion?" I giggled, "What? You have that look where you seem to want to say something."

"Just how... Just how, uh, beautiful you look." I laughed, assuming the blonde was joking, except he instead looked down at his shoes.

"Wait, you're serious Maybank?"

"Dead serious." He leaned in as I panicked, taking a step back.

"I- uh, I'm sorry JJ, I just, I can't do this right now. I began taking short steps back, as I was still facing towards him. "Not like this, I'm sorry." I began taking more as I was met with a fence, "I'll see you all tomorrow." I felt horrible, I panicked, I felt sort of- trapped, I guess. I began to walk home as I was flashed back to reality. I walked towards my math class and sat down.

Awhile after school was over, I waited outside as it poured down tons of rainfall again. I saw JJ walk out as I desperately tried to grab his attention, "JJ! JJ!"
He didn't notice, I walked towards him grabbing his wrist and pulling us behind the school, in the parking lot. "JJ." I calmly stated, looking up from our hands, to his ocean blue eyes.

"What? What could you possibly say to me again? Planning on shattering my heart?"

"JJ..."

"No! NO. I know how this goes, I'm not a game Y/n."

"CAN YOU JUST PLEASE LISTEN FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE?" His face dropped, "JJ. I just need to tell you the absolute truth." He sat down beside me, our backs up against the building, the rainfall still pouring down on top of us. "Look, you have every right in the world to be mad at me, okay? I get it, I deserve it. But I really, really, need you to listen to me. I absolutely panicked at hearing those words come out of JJ Maybank's mouth, my childhood best friend. God, I froze like I was standing in some ice cream freezer. What I'm trying to say, is I wish I had kissed you, I am so sorry for not kissing you. Because frankly if that chance ever came around again, I know I would kiss you back." Just then he had leaned in as our lips collided.

"Apology accepted."