JJ Maybank | Love Letters

We laid across the hammock as JJ looked over at me, "What, J?" I flirtatiously laughed as I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"It's just- I think we need to talk, Y/n." My face dropped into confusion as we both stood up and faced each other.

"About what, JJ? What's up?" My face dropped again, from confusion to deep concern. I was absolutely worried, I'm not gonna lie. His hand cupped around the side of my cheek as I looked up at him in deep concern.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Maybank." I smiled with a bit of laughter.

"But..." Oh god, I rubbed his hand that rested on my cheek as he took a minute to collect his words. "I think we need to break up, I just don't think it's working out between us." His hand dropped from my face and slid into his pocket.

"JJ, what?" Tears formed into my eyes as his did too, "If this is paining you too, you can't possibly mean it... Right, JJ?"

"I just don't think we love each other equally." Tears rolled down my face, what was he trying to say?

"JJ, I love you so much. The letters... All the time I took to help you, I don't know how you don't think this is equal! THIS. This right here, this is pure love and affection. If you think you've even done one thing wrong, you're absolutely wrong Maybank. I love you, but maybe that isn't enough for you." Tears formed in his eyes, "I don't want to hurt you but I don't know what you want me to say."

"It's not that I think you don't love me or that I don't love you. Wait, what letters y/n?" Letters? Of course that's what he picks up on, it's JJ.

"JJ, During this whole time I've written over 20 letters I never had the courage to send. On one, I ran out of space, on the other I didn't know what to say, on the third I began to think. What actually was it that made me feel this way? Then after that, I wrote multiple letters about love. The way it made me feel, the way I loved every aspect of your sarcastic comments, the way you still can't pronounce the word distress correctly, the way you do that thumb thing when your nervous, or when you draw on me because you're anxious. I could go on forever. It started out as I thought you were a dumb blonde with blue eyes, but you, JJ... You turned out to be the love of my life." I watched him smile, slightly laugh, grin, tear up, at each sentence. "How could we end something so beautiful, love?" I added as his arms wrapped around me, his head resting on my shoulder.

"I don't deserve you." He softly whispered into my ear as I smiled even more.

"What?" He pulled back as he grabbed my arms and looked into my eyes.

"You deserve the world, Y/n. You deserve someone who can show you the light through the darkness, all I show you is how to go deeper into the woods." I looked up at him as his hands released from my arms.

"Maybe, I like the woods JJ!" I spat back at him, he couldn't walk out of my life.

"Don't you hear me? I'm not good for you!" A tear rolled down my cheek.

"I know what I'm feeling! I love you."