CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: Listen

-THIRD PERSON'S POV-

Everyone was present in the main hall except Yui and Subaru.

"I have no interest in this conversation so I am going ahead~" Laito instantly left so no one would stop him.

"Let him be." Reiji pushed his glasses.

"We're not telling you anything. " Yuma refused to look at them.

"I know." Reiji replied. "That is why we will force you."

Izumi shot daggers at Reiji.

"Izumi-san. Can you stop this?" Kanato warned her, obviously irritated.

"They almost kidnapped your sister." Reiji added. "And they did took you as hostage. How can we not have the urge to kill them?"

"Oi. Izumi." Ayato was standing in front of her. "Have you been tamed by them!?"

"Why don't we listen to what she has to say first." Shu said as he leaned against the wall with his eyes closed.

Izumi breathed in and out. "They did took me as hostage. Tied me up like an animal. Starved me for the first few days. Pushed around like a sack of potatoes. Imprisoned in a cold dungeon."

Every word was making the Sakamakis rage in anger.

"But...there were times that they did take care of me. Subtle they were but genuine. I appreciated all those small things. Heck, they even saved me from their psycho managers." She did the crazy gesture with her finger.

"Has it ever occurred to you that they did that because you are an important tool for them to get your sister? Did you not think that this could be part of their scheme to get closer to their target?" Reiji sneered at the Mukamis.

"If I was just a tool then it wouldn't even matter to them if I got some bones broken or if I am covered in blood. As long as I am still breathing then wouldn't that be enough? But look at me. I only have a few bruises while they..." Ruki shielding her from the wolves flashed in her mind. "..they risked their lives even if I was just a nobody to them. Even if I wasn't the one they needed. So how can I give them the evil eye if they've done so much for me? My guts are even telling me that they aren't the bad guys here."

"Raion-chan..." Kou and the others couldn't believe she was defending them.

"So you're basing your trust to these pests because of your 'gut feeling'? How amusing." Reiji raised a brow.

"Are you really Izumi?" Ayato, still in front of her, flicked her forehead then sat down on the couch. "You've gone soft."

"What's that supposed to mean!?"

"It took a while before you completely trusted us. Doubted us multiple times. Maybe even until now..." Ayato was definitely angry but it didn't match the expression he was making. "Yet you trusted them just like that..."