CHAPTER THIRTY: Family

-THIRD PERSON'S POV-

Shu went back inside then locked the doors. "You can drop the act now, Reiji."

Reiji smirked. "As expected of the deadbeat."

"Act?" Yuma raised a brow.

"He obviously knew everything from the start." Kou answered instead. "I don't even need too see through his heart to know that."

"So you have that kind of ability." Reiji sat across Ruki. "But what's there to look at if there isn't even a heart at all?"

"Yet you have the heart to protect that girl." Ruki commented.

They can see the irritation in Reiji's eyes. "Do not involve or even mention her name you piece on trash."

"I wonder who's the real trash here?" Ruki did not show any sign of backing down.

"ARGH! WILL YOU TWO JUST GET STRAIGHT TO THE POINT!?" Ayato got impatient.

Reiji gave one last glare before talking. "So what are you truly scheming?"

"..."

"Let me rephrase that." Reiji uncrossed his legs as he clasped his hands together, elbows resting on his lap. "What is KarlHeinz scheming this time?"

The Sakamis expression all changed by the mention of their father.

A smile spread across Kou's face. "Heh~ What a lovely family this is."

"Can I sew his mouth?" Kanato pulled a needle he hid inside Teddy. "I've come prepared."

"Restrain yourself Kanato. We still need them to talk." Reiji sighed.

"Speak." He warned.

"You think we're dogs!?" Yuma shouted.

"That's enough Yuma." Ruki calmed him down.

Reiji squinted. "Is it about the 'Eve' ?"

Azusa quickly reacted while the rest remained stoic.

"So it is."

"I-I'm sorry Ruki.."

Ruki nodded at Azusa, signaling that it's alright.

"The hell is this 'Eve' ?" It irked Ayato how Reiji was the only one aware of what's going on.