Broken Wings

T.W.: panic attack

Ringing. That was all Tommy heard as he woke up. An obnoxious noise that wouldn't stop. He groaned, hoping it would go away.

And it did, mostly. A few minutes later there was still a beeping noise. He still wanted it to stop.

"Wilby..?" Tommy whispered as he slowly opened his eyes.

Phil came into his view, his wings wrapped in layers of bandages. A look of guilt was etched onto his face.

"Hey Tommy..." Phil said quietly, brushing some hair out of the boys face.

"Phil?" Tommy glanced around the room he was in.

He was laying on his stomach on a bed. The walls were white. Blindingly white. Like the facility. Tommy tried to pull his wings in, but found he couldn't move them. A quick glace showed that one was outstretched, held down to a table with a soft restraint. The other wing was pinned to his body, but he couldn't see how.

"Phil, what's happening!?" Tommy asked, trying to push himself up.

"Woah, it's okay, it's okay." Phil said, gently calming the boy down, "You're in the hospital. After the explosion, your wing was crushed by concrete. A lot of bones were broken. Your other wing was dislocated during the fall."

"W-wheres Ranboo and Tubbo?" Tommy asked, his breathing still rapid.

"Ranboo is recovering in the next room. He used his teleportation too much during the rescue efforts." Phil told him, "Tubbo is with him, so is Michael. They're both okay."

Tommy gave a sigh of relief, "good. Where's Techno and Wilbur?"

That look of guilt flashed across Phil's face as he tucked his bandaged wings in.

"Tech-Technos okay. Hardly a scratch on him." Phil tried to give Tommy a smile, "do you want me to go get him? He should be right outside."

Tommy nodded, a small smile on his face, "yeah. Can you bring Wilbur in too?"

Another look of guilt as Phil turned away, "maybe-maybe later. I'll get Techno."

Tommy watched as Phil walked away. His usually sleek black wings were ragged, and burned. The left one was completely wrapped in bandages. Tommy briefly wondered if Phil would ever be able to fly again, but quickly pushed the thought out. He was Philza-fucking-minecraft! Owner of Minecraft! Creator of women! Of course he'd be able to fly!

The door opened and Techno walked in, Phil close behind him.

"Hey Tommy." Techno smiled softly, "how're you feeling?"

Tommy shrugged, his tail curling up slightly, "okay, I guess... My wings are starting to get sore..."

Techno hummed, sitting in one of the chairs next to the bed.

Phil walked up, "if it starts getting too bad, just press this button and a nurse will come over."

Tommy nodded, "when can I see Wilbur?"

Techno blinked, "uh, well-"

"Soon Tommy." Phil smiled, "I think Ranboo, Tubbo, and Michael can come in though. I'll go get them."

Phil left quickly, leaving Tommy a little hurt. Why was Phil acting so strange? Did he fuck up?

"Techie?" Tommy said quietly, "why can't I see Wilbur? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Tommy-" Techno sighed, "Phil didn't tell you, did he?"

"T-tell me what?" Tommy asked, gripping the sheet under him.

Techno gave Tommy a sympathetic look, "Wilbur's dead Tommy."

Tommy's eyes went wide, "no.. NO!"

Tommy started struggling to free his wing, to get up, to run away. Wilbur couldn't be dead! He couldn't be dead! They were lying! Wilbur wasn't-!

"Tommy, calm down!" Techno yelled, struggling to keep the boy from thrashing around.

"NO!" Tommy sobbed, ripping his wing free from the restraint, then screamed from the shooting pain.

"Tommy!" Techno shouted, pulling Tommy into a tight hug, trapping his flailing limbs so he wouldn't hurt himself more, "Tommy... It's okay..."

"He can't be d-dead..." Tommy whimpered, burying his face in Techno's white shirt.

Techno closed his eyes, holding Tommy closer, "it's okay Theseus..."

"I'm-I'm not Theseus." Tommy sniffled.

Techno gulped back his tears. He knew Theseus was dead. He helped his mother bury the little body in a small cemetery not too far away. Techno just wanted to cling to the thought of having a little brother.

"Tommy?"

The winged boy looked up to see Tubbo standing by the door. Ranboo was behind him, being pushed in a wheelchair by Phil, with Michael in his lap.

"Tubbo..." A new wave of tears flooded out of Tommy's eyes as he threw himself at his best friend.

"Hey boss man." Tubbo hugged him back, his voice breaking.

"He-he's dead Tubbo..." Tommy cried.

"I know." Tubbo whispered.

Tommy fell to the floor. Tubbo went down with him, refusing to let go again. Michael crawled down off Ranboo's lap and hugged the other two.

"Mommy a-kay?" Michael said softly, looking up at the older boy.

Tommy shook his head, wrapping an arm around the child, "no... I'm not okay Michael... I'm not okay..."

Phil felt more guilt like on his shoulders. He should have told Tommy. Techno placed a hand on his shoulder.

Ranboo winced as he climbed out of the wheelchair, wrapping his arms around his friends, "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry.."

"Don't say that..." Tommy gripped Ranboo's shirt tightly, "please..."

"Tommy..." Phil placed his hands on the boys shoulders, "come on, you need to rest."

Techno helped lift Tommy onto the bed again, while Tubbo helped Ranboo to his wheelchair. Michael jumped up on Tommy's bed.

"Mommy a-kay." Michael said with as firm of a nod that a four year old could manage.

Tommy let out a small laugh, "maybe Michael. Maybe..."