WELCOME BOYS AND GIRLS!

"It's Christmas time!" Fundy yelled as he ran out of his room one morning.

"Fundy please, it's too early." Techno sighed, sipping some coffee.

"But it's December first! There's only twenty-four more days til Christmas!" Fundy smiled, his tail wagging.

"What's Christmas?" Tommy asked, coming out of his room rubbing his eyes, "and why is everyone so loud..."

"It's Christmas time!" Fundy laughed, "it's a time where you get together with family! And make cookies! And have a big dinner! And then you go to sleep and the next morning you wake up and you get presents! And you give presents too! And when it snows we build snowmen, and snowforts, and have snowball fights!"

"Yo, that sounds awesome." Tubbo said with a yawn.

Techno grumbled, "why are you all up it's so early..."

Ranboo stepped out, holding a sleepy Michael in his arms, "Michael wants breakfast..."

Techno groaned, setting down his mug and standing up to make the child some cereal. He wouldn't let Ranboo make it after last time. Techno knew he loved spaghetti, but adding to to cereal that already had a cinnamon roll in it was about much.

Once all the kids had been settled down and were eating breakfast, Phil walked in. His wings were covered in a heavy cloak, his shoulders dusted with snow. A large smile was plastered on his face.

"I have good news!" Phil said, hanging up the cloak, "the new Hero Complex is ready to be moved into!"

"Awe yes!" Tommy cheered.

Tubbo smiled, "does it have the same view!?"

Phil chuckled and nodded, "it's pretty much the same, just with updated utilities and such."

"Awesome!" Tubbo took another bite of cereal.

"When are we going back?" Fundy asked, looking up at his grandfather.

"After Tommy's appointment." Phil told them.

Tommy lit up, "oh yeah! I'm getting the pins out today!"

Phil nodded, "mhm. We're leaving in a couple hours."

Tommy started eating quicker, "good! I can't wait to get these things out!"

"Don't choke, jeez." Techno rolled his eyes.

Michaels eyes went wide, "Tommy choke!?"

Tommy stopped completely, "no no! I'm okay Michael! I'm okay!"

"No choke!" Michael cried, running over to hug Tommy.

Phil watched with a smile. It had been almost four weeks since they found them. Tommy was back to his old self already. Tubbo was still recovering from his broken ribs, but was at least taunting Tommy like normal. Ranboo had by far made the most progress. He was talking more, laughing. And he was able to get up and walk around by himself, and not be stuck to Tubbo or Phil.

However, it wasn't uncommon for one, or all, of the boys to wake up in the middle of the night screaming. Techno would usually get to them before Phil. But on the nights Techno was out, Phil would be there. He'd stay with them, let them tell him about their nightmare while sipping hot chocolate. Then when they fell asleep again, he would tuck them back in bed.

"When you and Tommy get back, can we have a snowball fight!?" Fundy asked, his tail wagging.

"Awe yes! Please Phil!?" Tommy begged, his tail also starting to wag.

Phil laughed, "okay okay. We have to see what the doctor says though."

The small family laughed and chatted. It almost felt normal. Techno eventually got called out for hero work. Michael didn't want Techno to leave, clinging to his red cape.

"It's okay Michael." Tubbo smiled, picking up the child, "Techno will be back soon."

Techno chuckled, "he reminds me of Wil when we were younger. He'd cry for hours after Phil left for work."

There was an empty silence where a once witty quip would be. Techno sighed softly, turning away and leaving without a word.

Phil coughed, "um, anyway. Tommy, it's time to leave."

Tommy nodded, standing from the table without a word.

"Will you four be alright alone for a while?" Phil asked, looking towards the rest of the kids.

They nodded, turning back to their cereal. Phil sighed, motioning Tommy to the door. Tommy pulled on the red jacket that Dream had made for him the day they went to the arcade. He smiled at that memory.

"Ready Tommy?" Phil asked, donning his own black cloak.

Tommy nodded. Both of them were quiet as they drove to the hospital. Tommy had to admit though, winter was much better when he wasn't staying outside in a forest. Now he could appreciate the frost patterns instead of cursing them.

"We're here." Phil said.

Tommy followed Phil into the hospital. He didn't think he'd ever get used to the white walls and floor without thinking of the facility. A nurse came out, leading them down the corridors into a room, telling them the doctor would be there soon.

~~~

Tommy stumbled through the dirt of the house, giggling lightly, "Hey Tubbo!"

"Uh, hi Tommy..." The goat boy glanced up at Phil, "what the hell happened to him?"

Phil chuckled as he hung up his cloak, "he had to be put under to take the pins out. The drugs haven't quite left his system."

"I'm! Not on drugs!" Tommy pouted, slurring his words.

Michael laughed, "Tommy silly!"

"Dad!" Tommy whined, tugging on Phil's sleeve, "tell them I'm not on drugs!"

"Okay Tommy." Phil pat the boys head, "why don't you go lay down and I'll tell them, okay?"

Tommy nodded, starting to walk off towards his room, "'m not on drugs..."

Once Tommy was out of earshot, everyone burst into laughter.

"Did you see how he was holding his wings!?" Fundy cried, rolling on the floor.

Tubbo nodded, holding his ribs, "it was like-! It was like he was trying to do that bird of paradise thing!"

Michael squealed, rolling onto Tubbos lap, "Tommy silly! Silly Tommy!"

Even Ranboo was laughing lightly, letting Tubbo fall on him when he couldn't hold himself up any longer.

Phil wiped the tears from his eyes. They'd be okay now.