Part 8: Voices help him remember.

Ink's POV:
I wake up and hear a knock on my door. How convenient someone knocked as soon as I awoke.

(Ink) ...Coming...

I was still tired so I didn't sound to happy at the moment. I walk towards the door and grab the silver door handle. I open the door to see none other then Ruru. Ruru?? Where did I get that from?! I meant Error. Confused I shake my head a look back at him.

(Error) aRe YoU kIdDinG mE Inky!?

(Ink) Inky??

(Error) hUh..? I mEaNt Ink! WhAtEvEr!

(Ink) What am I kidding you about what though?

(Error) tHaT dRaWiNg! DiD yOu DrAw ThAt PiCtUrE aNd ThEn PuT mY nAmE sO iT lOoKeD lIkE i DrEw iT fOr YoU?!

(Ink) Um.. No? Also the writing looked like yours sooo...

Error sighs in frustration and walks in past me.

(Ink) Hey! What are You-

(Error) i'M gOiNg To PrOvE iT iSn'T mY WrItInG!

(Ink) O-Okay?

Error walks over to a desk I had created a couple days ago and grabs a pencil from its holder. He looks in my drawers of my desk looking for paper. He comes across a drawer and grabs one of the four pieces of paper inside. He looks at me straight in the eyes with a death glare.

(Error) wHaT dId ThE nOtE sAy AgAiN?

(Ink) Er.. If I recall it said "Drew this for you, hope you like it!" Or something like that..

Error starts writing on the paper and when he's done he sighs.

(Error) I kNoW tHiS iS tO pRoVe I wAsN't ThE oNe WhO wRoTe iT, bUt dOn'T tAkE aNy Of ThIs To HeArT!

(Ink) ...

(Error) Ink?

(Ink) That looks just like it...

(Error) wHa-

I take a folded paper out of my sash and put it right next to the paper Error was writing on.

(Ink) Look!

Error's POV:
I look at the paper and he was right. It looked exactly like my writing. But how? I didn't write that! That's weird.

(Ink) We should tell Night-

(Error) nO! iF wE dO tHiS oUrSeLvEs Nightmare WiLl bE pRoUd Of Us. YoU wAnNa MaKe YoUr BoSs HaPpY, dOn'T yOu?

Ink starts tearing up, but he tries not to show it.

(Ink) Y-Yes B-Boss!

(Error) Ink...

(Ink) Y-Yes..?

(Error) I'm NoT yOuR bOsS...

(Ink) R-Right..! S-Sorry!..

(Error) I'lL bE iN OuTeRtAlE.

(Ink) O-okay..

I make a portal to Outertale to clear my thoughts although that's nearly impossible because of the voices.

(Error) Don't even think about talking.

Why should we listen to you?

                                      Yeah! Why should we?!

Guys... Just leave him alone, he barely gets to relax...

                                      Well it's his fault he let us into his head.

EVERYONE SHUT IT.

                                       Fine...

(Error) Thank you.

I hear a noise, so I look around but in the end... it was nothing I didn't see anything or anyone so... what was that noise? It sounded like someone breathing to make it even odder. I sit down on the cliff, legs dangling off the ledge, and my hand supporting my weight. I look to the side and I see some of my strings. Was that excess from when I was knitting?

Guys! GUYS!

                             What do you want now.

He doesn't remember!

                              Doesn't remember what?..

He doesn't remember the time he saved Ink from Dream!

(Error) I did what.

Oh yeah... How come your voice isn't glitching?

(Error) When I'm calm it doesn't glitch.

Oh.. anyways, yeah, you saved Ink from Dream.

(Error) How come I don't remember this?

I dunno.

                        Hey! You can make translucent visions, right?

Mhm...

                        Then make him see what happened!

He'll need to move or else he won't see himself.

                        Hey Error! Move to the-

(Error) yEaH, yEaH. i CaN hEaR yA gUyS.

                         Right, Sorry.

I started to glitch because I became worried and curious. I think you can understand why I was curious, but maybe not worried. It's because the voices had said 'saved'. That means Ink was in danger, I moved to the side of the cliff and it looked like a movie kinda. It had stopped when me and Ink had reached the stone bench I saw in the distance. So that's where I had gotten the scratch on my head from! Dream had hit me on the head for calling him a highlighter! But... How come I don't remember this? How come I don't remember one bit of this? I make a portal to Ink's room and he was nervously drawing or writing on a paper. I'm going to assume it was writing because of the movement of his pencil. I sneak up behind him and look at what he was doing. What the heck? What had happened while I was gone?!

(795 words)