CHAPTER TWENTY: THAT NEW FEELING

🪘🪘🪘

THAT NEW FEELING

I'm still shaky and my breathing is still uneven from the kiss we'd shared. To top it with that is the giddy and exciting feeling I can't seem to get rid of. I couldn't stop smiling because I would love to, especially because I'm seated across the small round table opposite Cergio. We didn't face each other, our sides did.

I looked at him and he did the same with me right around the same time. We smiled at each other, but our gaze wouldn't last and we'd look away simultaneously. It was obvious we both felt embarrassed and shy about the kiss we'd shared. The mere thinking of that moment made my heart race. Suddenly, the air wasn't cooling or windy enough for me. I felt hot and couldn't help fanning myself with my hand. I'm ecstatic about this new feeling, but I'm also drenched in embarrassment. Why? Because I started the kiss and that is something I've never, ever done in my life. Who knows, maybe now he thinks I'm a wild woman, and perhaps not the woman he thought I was.

Silently, I let out a sigh. I know I'm being ridiculous with my thoughts. I do not know what kind of woman he thinks I am.

"You came." His words made me look in his direction once more, and this time, his gaze was steady. I know I should do the same, but I'm still riddled with shyness. Although, I broadened my smile and nodded.

I lowered my eyes. "I thought you left."

"Actually... I never planned to leave."

Gradually, I lifted my eyes to him. "You were going to wait for me all night?"

There was a faint smile in between his facial expression. Barely, he opened his mouth to say something but ended up shutting it, then finally shrugged his shoulders. "Till the lights go out, I think." He added and wore a smile on his face.

I stared at him longer than I have since we shared a kiss. Here was a man, handsome, God-faring, good, kind, patient, stable and any lady would be lucky to have him and yet, he would rather wait for me? It didn't quite settle with me..

"Why, me?" I asked

His gaze was stable on me, almost like he was thinking.

"To be honest, I'm not sure... But I know I've never felt this thrilled and excited about any woman before, and I didn't want to lose you because I didn't wait longer or worried about every other thing that comes next. I just... I feel a connection with you and I want to explore it further." He said, and when I kept staring at him, he dropped his head.

"Does any of what I said make sense?"

Slowly, I shook my head as a smile drew on my face. "But it feels sensible." I lowered my eyes. "This... I can't believe it scared me to feel this way while you were ready to risk getting hurt."

I felt his hand on mine and lifted my eyes to him. His smile was warm and encouraging, like a thousand unspoken words. It was enough for me to know, to realise I didn't make any mistake coming here.

"So, we're doing this, right?" He asked, his eyes searching for the right reply in mine. I knew what he meant and I so badly wanted to scream yes, but it also reminded me of the fact that a future together is unknown.

I opened my mouth to reply and the word "yes" came through. Most probably, I just made the wrong decision, but I couldn't help it. Watching the smile on his face meant more to me than my worries. All I really wanted was to be with him, even if it would be for a short while like he'd said, I also was interested in exploring this new feeling and for the first time in my life, I want more.