~24

Avalon's POV:

Friday

"Look what I found outside our front door!" Avery bursts into my room when I am getting dress, starling me, she had a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolate. 

"What the heck, Avery?" I snap.

"It's Valentine's day stop being grumpy, anyways Donovan is so romantic so don't make any moves on him", she warns.

I snort, "I have no interest in your boyfriend, Avery, now get out", I roll my eyes.

"Dad already left for work so Donovan is coming to pick me up", she leaves.

 Mackenzie will be over after school to keep Avery company and also help me get ready, they want me to look like Avery as close as possible which shouldn't be hard, wax eyebrows and makeup should do the trick.

Jesse and Donovan agreed to exchange escorts for the night once I promise to dance with Jesse.

After I get ready, I take my bag and go downstairs, I see Donovan is parked at the side of the road.

"See you at school Avery", I call as I get the keys and leave, Jesse arrives and I get in.

"Happy Valentine's day", he hands me a rose.

"What's this?" I laugh.

"A gift, even a tomboy needs some affection", he winks and I blush, I need to control my emotions, it's getting worst.

When we get to school I see decorations are up for Valentine's day, I could only imagine how the gym is which is off-limits today. Guys and girls are exchanging gifts in the hallway, I roll my eyes, the rose Jesse gave me I had it in my bag.

Bryce comes to us with about a dozen roses and a few cards.

"Fans of yours?" Felix laughs and takes a card.

"Maybe, I found them in my locker, I don't mind though back at home they don't hold back when it comes to this day", he shrugs.

Mackenzie comes to us smiling then glares at Bryce, "Hey guys, look at all the thoughtful gifts I received, thank you Felix as usual."

"I do it every year and since I'm leaving this year I decided to give West something as well", he adds and hands me a yellow rose, "it means friendship."

"What does red represent?" I ask.

"Passion or affection towards the person", Avery answers.

Oh, I glance at Jesse who blushes slightly.

"And Bryce has red roses", Nabila retorts.

Mackenzie scoffs and walks off.

"Attention students, remember the dance is at 7:00 pm tonight and voting ends at 3:30 pm this evening", the principal announces.

"I already put in my vote", Avery grins.

"You're not going to the dance."

"So? I do want someone to win", she shrugs.

"I'm not voting", I cross my arms, "attention the dance is punishment enough", I mutter.

The bell rings.

_______________

"See you tonight", Bailey waves, she is getting a ride home with a friend, Luciano seemed to avoid her and Elle is coming to the dance tonight also Nina with Bryce, this should be interesting.

Avery places her arm over my shoulder, "let's go, we got less than four hours to turn you into me", she leads me to Mackenzie's convertible.

"You have a spa appointment like in ten minutes", Mackenzie states.