~38

Bryce's POV:

Two Days Later

Tonight is the championship game and I think we are more than ready for the game, I know we will win, I can feel it.

Speaking about feelings, I glance over at Avalon who is on the passenger side, I am driving us to school. Over the past month, I have realized that I am attracted to her, I don't know how but there is no denying it now.

Tonight I will make my move, I have to, or else I'll regret not taking the chance with her.

"How are mid-term exams going for you?" She asks.

"Alright I guess, I just want to do this last game for the season then I can focus 100%", I reply.

"Yeah me too, I pass my two midterm exams so far", she states and I nod.

"Do you think we'll have to attend have to attend school tomorrow?"

"No doubt", she scoffs, "we'll throw our victory party on Friday, don't worry."

"Can we do it at the lakehouse? We can crash there afterward and come home on Saturday", I suggest.

"Talk to Donovan."

When we arrive at school, everyone is excited for tonight's game which will be held here, most people are wearing the school colors to show support.

"Hey guys", Avery smiles, she's in her cheerleader uniform.

"I hope you have a spare, the game is tonight", Avalon frowns at her sister.

"Yes I do", she waves her off.

"The championship champion team has arrived", Donovan says coming to us with the rest of the team, we all decided to wear something similar today with our letterman jacket.

"Team photo so you can frame it and put it on display when you win", Avery suggests.

We all get together and take out a few photos.

"First class will start in less than five minutes, let's go", Mackenzie calls.

We all enter the school and go to our separate classes.

_____

"When are you getting a girlfriend Bryce? It's been months", Elle asks me as we exit English class, its lunch now.

"Soon."

"Really?"

"Maybe, I don't know if she'll accept me", I shrug.

"She, who?"

"None of your business", I walk off.

"Do I know her? Is it Mackenzie?" She catches up with me.

"No, been there done that."

"Wow."

"Yeah, we were more like bed buddies."

"I see."

We enter the cafeteria and get in line for our food, everyone is chatting loudly.

"Were you popular at your old school?" I ask Elle.

"You could say that I held up a good reputation and it boosted when I was dating Luciano, girls were so jealous because they had their eyes on him for a while, a hot Italian guy", she explains.

"How far is this private school?"

"Not too far, they used to watch him play soccer on TV plus even came to see a few games", she shrugs.